Official Discussion: Sim Update 10 - Wednesday Sept. 21st

I sure hopes so man!! I sure hope we get DX12.

MSFS already has DX12, and you won’t get full DX12 with SU10 either, it will still be in development

Me too. But it’s premature to say we won’t be seeing the driver. It shoudl be here along with MSFS as SU10 is dependent on it.

Woohoo!!! Love this sim.

I must say the new win11 2h22 its awesome in msfs the sim is silky smooth

5 Likes

Plenty of PC users would like to wait as well. If those on XBox are so keen for the features in SU10, why not use the beta?

2 Likes

I didn’t see win11 22H2 offered to me via windows update. Is it worth going the redistributable exe route?

Do a search for updates
but I got it also on ‘only’ 4 of my 6 windows 11 boxes

1 Like

The update isn’t offered to everyone from the start, it will come like the original release slowly to compatible PCs

I ran the win11 installer

Very very exciting. I’m so eager to get this update. Thanks a lot Asobo.

André Vaillancourt

This is being released today.

I agree that this release is welcome news. I certainly don’t think a further delay for GPU drivers would be justified or necessarily fair on Xbox users who, as others have commented, stand to benefit from a noticeable performance improvement from SU10.

1 Like

For those that are in beta, whats the best way to leave? Before or after the update drops?

Do these updates add that full download size to the install size or do they just replace old files after the download and install and add in new ones.

Ex. 10gb get replaced and an additional 5.6gb get added? I’m worried that with all these updates eventually we’ll just start running out of space.

2 Likes

OP mentioned they’ll have more info on that shortly. It’s my first time joining a beta so I’m eager to know as well.

For users currently in the SU10, we’ll have more information on moving from the beta to live versions soon.

Same here
will be looking forward to that info.

even before SU10 gets here had my logbook and hours wiped again!
i hope thats the last kick from SU9

It was a ‘hard delivery’ (as we say in The Netherlands). Thanks to everyone who contributed to this update.

Just a few questions in preparation, because this update will bring more changes than previous ones. Of course, the Community folder must be emptied so that the update can be installed without conflicts. I love the auto-translation :rofl:

But seriously, are there tweaks (like the NDU tweak or project Lasso) that need to be undone to avoid problems? I am also thinking of the adjustments recommended at the time to the FS.exe shortcut. I haven’t used them myself, but I still have to check which changes need to be reverted.

I would appreciate being made aware of any other changes- or files to back-up.
Thanks in advance (and good luck installing).

@UnitedArt Can you clarify what you mean?