Official Discussion: Sim Update 10 - Wednesday Sept. 21st

Don’t see an update for the game ready driver yet.

Hopefully they dress some ctds Xbox version

there is diference between studio and game ready?

516.94 is still the latest GRD. That said, I’m looking over the release notes for the SD version 517.40, and it has the following:

[DX12][Flight Simulator] Potential image corruption [3722516]

It also mentions support for Windows 11 22H2.

3 Likes

DX12 without it is a non-starter. Really crashy and stuttery… DX11 is working pretty well, however.

1 Like

Sorry, bad reply

I had manually installed the other 517.40 driver
and looked at Geforce Experience and let it install the latest Game ready which it did, 516.94.

Geforce Experience does not have the latest GRD.

1 Like

This is not the new one.

Anyone test with studio driver yet?

And we waited how long for this update? I hope the Sim update 10 won’t be released without DX12 Optimization and Nvidia Driver update! That would be bad!

The SD driver does have the image fix in it for MSFS.

1 Like

Yeah I am seeing people claiming big fps gains

The why are people in the nVidia thread saying no DX12 fix in the SD driver?

Because they haven’t read the release notes. Also they can’t actually test it until SU10 releases tomorrow.

you can test it on the beta

1 Like

To a point, but the VRAM optimisations were removed.

I have been struggling with massive fps drops when panning the camera. Massive. unplayable. I just installed the studio driver, switched to DX12 and all stuttering is gone. Can look around the cockpit zero stutters.

In another thread some users have been reporting stuttering since installing the most recent MS Win 11 update. Had you updated Windows before that driver change?

The updated NVidia studio driver with the DX12 fix for MSFS is already released as of today. People focus too much on “game ready” drivers from NVidia as if that matters. Actually, studio drivers tend to be more stable. I have never used anything but studio drivers in the two years I have been using MSFS, and in all that time I have never had a CTD - not one.

FWIW

1 Like

But that’s not what Nvidia’s own website says…

I don’t get why they’d release a studio driver AND not a game ready driver as well? Don’t they always?

1 Like

Yes the studio driver also contains the fix for the DX12 trees in the sky, but until SU10 releases live tomorrow we will not have the DX12 VRAM optimisation which is Asobo side and was removed from the beta, but will be back in the release build.

3 Likes