Official Discussion: Sim Update 10 - Wednesday Sept. 21st

I can confirm.

I updated the September Windows 11 update just tonight… I had flawless experience in MSFS last night – tonight, I have some stutters.

Sigh.

I assume it matters or else NVidia wouldn’t have game ready and studio drivers instead of just one driver.

2 Likes

Did you reboot after driver installation? I tried the sim after installing the driver and outside view was crazy bad but after reboot all was well and performance seems very, very good.

Lol, how constructive , and how wrong you will be.

Let me do some last minutes flying in SU9 so I have a fresh memory to compare SU10 :grinning:

1 Like

It’s scary right now. Still no Nvidia driver update and confirmation from anybody if we finally getting one.

Sure hope SU10 doesn’t go live without the fix for DX12.

It’s going to be a long day tomorrow!

Currently installing KB5017383 Update you just Mentioned, About to Restart to see if 22H2 Shows up.

Presumably it is fine to go ahead, and then when the driver is released you won’t see trees in the sky, until then you might, if using DX12.

You keep telling everyone really wrong info.

I wonder what you could be referring to ? :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:
Let hope, whatever it is, it gets fixed , and more permanently this time … and 3rd party Devs get what they are paying for …

Has this been confirmed? I mean the whole point of Asobo waiting these past few weeks was because they were waiting for that Nvidia driver.

It’s so crazy right now.

Between Nvidia announcing 4000 series cards and now this SU, it feels like MSFS and NVIDIA just married and we are all part of it’s crazy relationship.

3 Likes

Has anyone been able to update their OS with the new windows 11 22H2 ? I checked last 3 hrs and nothing . Is it slowly releasing (to say win11 beta users, to verify any significant problems) before it goes public ?

1 Like

Nada (Nothing shows up for 22H2), even after installing KB5017383 and Re-starting on my end, and under Advance/Optional Updates a big 0. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Flying with the updated W11 right now. No issues so far.

I presume waiting for the driver so they could put back in the VRAM optimisation they removed after the first beta without us seeing the trees, but they decided we couldn’t wait any longer and so they will release the final build tomorrow.

Either with the Asobo VRAM optimisation and we will see trees until we get the driver, or they will have left out the VRAM optimisation and there will be VRAM issues in DX12 (there are still VRAM issues even with the optimisation unless you have very high VRAM).

Personally I hope the VRAM optimisation is in, if I want to use DX12 I can put up with the trees in the sky for the time being and see what VRAM usage is like with its optimisation, and I can use DX11 if I get the trees. When the drivers arrive, great, I won’t have the trees in the sky.

If they don’t include the optimisation, DX12 will be a complete no-go for me because of the VRAM usage without optimisation.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see what hits the Marketplace after a 2 week delay. :eyes:

2 Likes

Same for me Nada. Did restart and nothing

Maybe I’m missing something. Running 516.94 since it came out about a month ago in the beta. That driver has not fixed any VRAM or stability issues. CTD due to over-use of VRAM. stutters and generally lower performance is in-line with other other beta feedback.

DX11 performance is really quite good right now. Very happy with it.

Yes, the VRAM usage still seems high but I haven’t had any stability issue, even saw it at 7.9GB out of 7.1GB (so over budget) but it didn’t seem to even stutter which surprised me. Not sure the VRAM usage is an issue tbh. Anyway, its the fps increase I see is what I was emphasizing there, getting 10+ fps more on the ground with TLOD at 100 at a busy airport is the main difference am seeing initially.

The VRAM optimisations have nothing to do with the driver, they are on Asobo’s side and SHOULD be coming with the release build tomorrow.