[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

Quite penguin : turn the objectives on via the top menu and follow that. It takes you through everything.

3 Likes

Well I finally managed to get the Dark Star up to mach 7 at 150,000 feet. Just donā€™t attempt to tight turn at that speed is all I can say. Lesson learned.

1 Like

I found the directions under Advanced Challenges in Maverick Activities.

1 Like

Can someone please explain point to point how to get the Dark Star to M9?

1 Like

You can also have objectives whilst flying the thing. It tells you to do things one step at a time and.points to the buttons you have to press, what pitch to be at whilst flying itā€¦

2 Likes

Ho realistic is the Carrier landing mission compared to the realife? Because it feels very easy to land on the carrier

And i dont find any formations flight misson. And mission to intercept an aircraft.

I would like to see missions like these which i have described

1 Like

Well, flying the Darkstar is cool, thereā€™s quite a range of experiences now in the sim between crossing the US in this one and crossing the channel in the Bleriot

Uploading: 2022-05-25 (1).pngā€¦

6 Likes

To fly a deep route. So, through the canyons. Instead, you are given a destination, which is best approached on a straight route in order not to collect any penalty points. Ok, just off the ground, but uphill, downhill, rather than operating under the radar deep in the valleys. Dumb.

1 Like

Right. But will Asobo document the moving carrier, landable deck, and arresting for those third parties can use them? So much is still undocumented for devs, I worry.

Iā€™d love elaboration as to why this isnā€™t the right time for aircraft carriers. Russiaā€™s only carrier is stuck in refit, so carriers arenā€™t being used in the tragic Ukraine invastion. Do they just mean because thereā€™s still core sim stuff that needs more development? Thatā€™s cool. But if itā€™s because of geopolitical events (glances at human history) then weā€™ll never get them.

2 Likes

Where is the Afterburner switch in the new plane?

1 Like

Out of memory I would say max turn rate is at about 330 knots.
The faster you get, the wider the turn radius.

1 Like

You best choice would be to play DCS

1 Like

ok thanks for the info. i will try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It flys well for a certain extent; autopilot is crap but rolls are easy and doesnā€™t risk your aircraft dropping 5k feet

1 Like

Cool package, but I will stay at my good old GA planes and gliders on the long term. :slight_smile:

The hypersonic flight is awesome, but unfortunately did not have time to do the full challenge, just managed to reach Mach 9, looked around (God bless the engineers behind head tracking technology!) and left the flight, because itā€™s getting late here for playing around.
I wonder how to land that thing. :))) Sadly, I have to wait until the weekend to get some sim time again.

1 Like

Will we get official carrier takeoff and landing in world map? That would be fun.

1 Like

DCS is a different beast! Took me several attempts before executing a near perfect landing on the carrier!

1 Like

ok i will trainee it until i got a good landing on the carrier

1 Like

Many thanks to the devs for this DLC, it certainly looks like a well polished release and seems to run well for me. I may even be tempted to come back to use it again and improve my times/scores. Yes, itā€™s mainly arcade, but itā€™s free, well polished, entertaining and the fast pace low altitude challenges at least offer you a chance to improve your own scores. Plus a new hypersonic concept aircraft to try out too - cool. I didnā€™t have any preconceptions about this release, and I donā€™t ordinarily fly the FA-18 in sim, so maybe thatā€™s the best state of mind to be in to be pleasantly surprised and enjoy this DLC.

3 Likes

That was it, thanks for the info

2 Likes