[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

1 Like

Excellent thanks. That got it. I had it tied to the other AXIS with the 0-100% thing, and that didn’t work.

Cheers.

1 Like

Makes 4 and my HUD is garbled unreadable and oh unworkable

Next free DLC: Area 51. You get to fly a UFO and your avatar is Bob Lazar.

3 Likes

Just flew from the awesome Area 51/Groom Lake to Bradley Intl. in Connecticut in 37 minutes, 10 seconds, most of it at 275,000 feet and Mach 10. So much fun! Hope they fix the “upper hard deck” at 275K feet in a future revision, but even with that, it’s pretty awesome.

I’m disappointed the carrier isn’t available outside of the training missions, but I do love the hypersonic jet. Sometimes it’s fun to put away the NATOPS and just jump in and have some fun!

1 Like

I’ve flow the darkstar many times all from different places 
 no problems.

Me too but I don’t consider it wasted. I didn’t slow down until over Florida and was still trying to turn around over Cuba. Such a crazy aircraft.

I think we are supposed to go inverted then another screen of the ‘instructions’ are shown?

I’m looking for answers too!

1 Like

Funny you mentioned that, I livestreamed my entire challenge flights. And I don’t manually add any songs, and just record and livestreamed the actual song that MSFS played
 Then I got this notification:

1 Like

Actually, I forgot about Youtubes copyright thingy. Thanks for reminding I shall delete my post.

Noo, don’t delete it
 Just keep it there. lol.

Yes, YouTube will flag copyrighted music in such circumstances. Doesn’t matter if it’s in a licensed product.

That’s why a lot of stream-friendly games will offer a “streamer track” of generic music so streamers can avoid getting bitten by this.

Maybe I should just use the volume slider to mute the music before I livestreamed. But man, that’s not fun
 doing canyon run without the Top Gun music is so boring.

1 Like

inverted roll i guess help pilot and ac to avoid negative g and faster give you 1m+ speed. first not very good for booth, second - obviously stuff:)

guys. please. in msfs you can found mission with black star there everything about “how to”. if you don’t like missions, in youtube guys show you same. i really highly recommend that channel https://www.youtube.com/c/IntotheBlueSimulations

I wonder why fighter cockpits are not in position where it’s as close to the CG as possible? I would think that could minimise the G force that fighter pilots experience if the aircraft pivots around its CG compared to being positioned in front and outside of it.

1 Like

pilot’s position changes almost nothing. i think so:)

I have the same problem !

1 Like

If you’re looking for a good path in the last low altitude challenge, i made a video. Mastering the Ridge Crossing in Nevada - YouTube . Took me a couple of tries though, very hard to maintain control and not crash too much when flying so low

While this is somewhat simplifying the answer, at the speeds where pilot G force becomes a limiting factor the “pivot” point is effectively the centre of the turn radius and not the aircraft’s CG, so moving the pilot back 10ft or so in the fuselage accomplishes nothing beyond displacing useable space for other aircraft systems/fuel.

1 Like

If it’s like the other carrier DLC, you have to turn off aircraft damage and then you can land on it.