[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

Yeah this theme music on loading or the main menu would of been nice as a option i must admit :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what the real world SR-72 is also targeted to achieve too - the biggest difference would be that it will be a drone likely :wink:

Space shuttle status

7 Likes

Stop posting screenshots i cant fly till tomorrow your making me jealous :smiley:

You might drop those on someone and hurt them. (Cough)

I’m just hoping the carrier moves and third parties can make add-on carriers move and ships landable. Can’t wait to check it out later today!

1 Like

Ok, the timer remains visible in the image after it has expired. Somehow I don’t understand the meaning of the “low flight” exercise. The Ghost flew half a kilometer above me. :see_no_evil:

Time to delete
 :joy:

7 Likes

How do you get up to that altitude with it? Every time i get above 50,000 feet it just starts dropping again.

Speed is felt

5 Likes

Full thrust, nothing special.

1 Like

Meh. Gamer stuff.

9 Likes

So thundering down the highway from San Diego to L.A. with the Hawk in 30-40ft make worlds more fun.

1 Like

You can only land on the carrier in the challenge? Well, that is disappointing. Yawn.

5 Likes

mach 9.99 and 260k feet and climbing :eyes:

And mach 10 baby

Well I’m at 275,000 feet and the altimeter just stops. Still climbing but no more altitude from MSFS it seems. lol

17 Likes

Time to slip the surly bonds of Earth and fly that baby to the moon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or at least dock with the ISS.

4 Likes

Make sure you do this to cool that baby down:

6 Likes

Use keyboard F3 after you have pushed your (joystick) throttle max forward to get into “afterburner”. To stop afterburner, just move your (joystick) throttle a bit back.

Max mil power:

Note position of VC throttles when my own throttle is pushed max forward:

Afterburner: 1) throttle max forward; 2) push F3:

4 Likes

Sounds like the carriers will come to the main sim. Just talked about in this evenings Q+A

4 Likes

Interesting, seems engines 3 and 4 on the darkstar just won’t work for me so it only barely does mach 1. Oh well, not really interested in jets anyway, just thought it might be fun to try it for a few minutes.

Guys, what’s the dlc size for you? I’m on SX and it’s 1.63gb. isn’t it supposed to be just over 4gb?

During the developer Q&A on Twitch just now they said it “wasn’t the right time” to launch carriers in free flight, and it’s something they’re going to “continue to think about”.

2 Likes