[Official Discussion] Top Gun: Maverick DLC

Hopefully its the sort of thing modders can sort out in that case.

4 Likes

Itā€™s alright, really. Had a little play around with it. The challenges are okay, will keep some people entertained for days, Iā€™m sure.

And as others have said, it costs nothing.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to try the carrier landing again when my logbook doesnā€™t update every 5 seconds causing stutter. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Cute, the afterburner missions canā€™t be done because the program canā€™t capture the full path of an F-18 Throttle (winwing Taurus).
ā€œPut it on full throttleā€ Okay, I got it - Crash, over :joy: :joy: :joy:

I hope so for those that were looking forward to this DLC. Although I wouldnā€™t be holding my breath. Sounds like folks that want fancy milops should be looking into DCS where itā€™s done right. The right tool for the job at hand, I would say.

But at least itā€™s free content, right? Thereā€™s always that. You get what you pay for! There will be folks happy with it, and thatā€™s good. But people that had high expectations will be disappointed.

Personally I have no intention of even installing this DLC. Iā€™ll go see the movie, of course, but have no interest for the DLC content.

13 Likes

See, I for one am glad I didnā€™t set any expectations on this at all. People thought I was being negative. However, with such an attitude now that it has released, I think the training missions for the F18 are kind of cool then. And I will check out the low altitude challenges.

Edit: So I hopped over to my gaming laptop to download. So ok, the tutorial missions, to teach me specific moves in the F18, ok. Cool. I have jets, but I donā€™t know any specific moves, so ok, that is cool. The 5 low altitude missions, I havenā€™t tried them out yet, but ok, Iā€™m good to try that out. The landing challenge, I have LVFRā€™s carrier pack, and 2 from IndiaFoxTango so I already had carriers to land at, but I will give the specific landing challenge a try. Iā€™m not sure what to think of the new plane yet to be honest. That I might like or might not. All in all, Iā€™m good with the DLC. Those people who were expecting a lot and their expectations werenā€™t met, well that is the problem with expectations. I didnā€™t expect anything, so learning some moves in a fighter jet, flying low altitude challenges, and getting another carrier to try to land on, they are good for me.

1 Like

Bummer they didnā€™t add the music to the Options for soundscape. I wouldnā€™t mind it playing all the time while in the menus

3 Likes

@GentlestCurve98
Remove any F18 mods from Community Folder.

The darkstar handles like a block of cheese and has no vapour effects and shows 4 engines in external hud and you can click the scramjet control while the cover is closed and on the darkstar activity my pilot is pink checkered and sitting on the roof.

Apart from that, yay. :roll_eyes:

Edit. I then realised the other 2 engines shown are the scramjets so thatā€™s OK.

23 Likes

i have it before :wink:

And here we have another bugfest, yeah
:partying_face: :tada:

6 Likes

Itā€™s his job, thatā€™s why.

Note to all, while he seems like a very nice man, heā€™s not your buddy down the street with inside info on FS. Itā€™s literally part of his job to get you hyped.

The Darkstar is flat out bat ā– ā– ā– ā–  mental. Mach 9 :joy:

How convenient. My WinWing Orion F-18 HOTAS is getting delivered today.

I donā€™t know if people have bring this up, but . . .

They should give us an option to use the Top Gun theme for MSFS. THAT MUSIC IS SO SICK MAN!

Now I just want to stay at loading screen just so I can hear that musicā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take a look at the low-flying action. Letā€™s see if I can make a permanent Roll.

@CanUSpeakEng
Probably requires different/expanded licensing for use in more than the DLC, but worth a wishlist if you want to start one.

1 Like

you say pajamas, i say pyjamas, but this is pink peejama

itll come the tools are there in dev mode to make it work

2 Likes

Holy censored. This plane is awesome. :eyes:

8 Likes