Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

To be honest mate SU5 means that pretty much we’ve all left the game unwittingly whether we like it or not :laughing:

1 Like

Dang! That’s what I wanted to write! :persevere::wink:
Well said!

6 Likes

You told the guy stop wasting your time with some people (us who were trying to help figure out his issue) that’s what I was referring to.

Yea it’s odd that for some CTDs are occurring. hopefully Asobo and or the end user will figure it out

1 Like

but it DID ruin it. they will fix it. but it did. there’s no denying that.

1 Like

It was a botched sim update with many issues, agreed, but did it ‘ruin’ the sim as a whole? No. It’s an ever evolving flightsim, and this is just one moment in time on a long road. My opinion at least. Btw, you can’t fix something that is ruined, you’d have to rebuild it entirely, clearly not what’s happening here.

3 Likes

please solve missing autogen in some areas (for example Edinburgh)

2 Likes

I was referring to this one:

• Low Resolution Ground Texture – This is a bug introduced when we fixed tree draw distance from high latitudes and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.
1 Like

@Jummivana Will the hotfix also address the memory leak with live AI traffic? I notice during longer flights FPS reduces. When pausing and disabling AI FPS goes up and stays when enabling live AI again… So there is something bugged there…

1 Like

Hi Asobo. Great to hear that. I was also wondering, is the 787 going to get any fixes in the future? I’m on Xbox, so there’s no chance for me to use any mods on the 787. A number of issues I noticed, includes an incorrect flaps configuration (numbering) setting, on the pedestal. Also, the VNAV is sometimes non-responsive when clicking the ALT knob when commanding the AP to climb to a high altitude. Then, when taking off and selecting V/S when engaging the AP, I also notice that the 787 starts to swing up and down violently while it tries to capture the right AOA for V/S selection. Would be great to see the 787 perform better since I don’t know if there’s going to be a 3rd party addon for it or not.

Since SU5 I have experienced repeated CTD’s…which I have never experienced before this update. The “new” World Map crashed three times while I was trying to set up a flight with multiple waypoints…comment…The old one did not look so pretty but it never crashed. Approaching my home airfield (EGBW) from EGPE (Inverness) the SIM crashed before the flight could be completed. This flight is a “milk run” for me…always VFR in the Baron…completed successfully many times before SU5. Having studied posts from Simmers who clearly know much more than I do about PC engineering, and done some basic testing of my own I can say the following with reasonable certainty.
The CTD which cut my flight short was not triggered by a scenery compatibility issue. It was no doubt an “out of memory” issue. I have high spec machine with 32gb of RAM and a 2080TI graphics card so there in plenty of memory available, so it must be the Sim system engine changes that have denigrated the performance of a system like mine and the available memory is no longer effectively used.
Before SU5 I have toured around Europe in the Baron all day without any problems,sometimes involving more than one “out landing”…now the Sim cannot handle a straightforward single destination flight. Something has gone seriously wrong with the basic system programming this time.

1 Like

The explanation is very simple. SU5 changed things, those changes are now conflicting with something on your system. Previously whatever it was may have been harmless but now there is a conflict and it’s causing a problem. As I have said, trying to figure that out, from the point of view of Asobo, is almost impossible since they don’t know what is on your system or running when you play the game. That, is the crux of the problem.

I hope a new post is opened once the hot fix is available because this one is getting extremely long already :face_with_monocle:

That is a perfectly reasonable request. If you have hardware then keep the drivers up to date to remove bugs, security issues, conflicts. It’s the very basic thing you should be doing with your computer.

I disagree….I’ve been running an OC on my 10900k CPU for a year without a single CTD until SU5 where I had multiple CTDs. Empty community folder, no other add-ones, all drivers updates, windows updated, etc, etc and SU5 caused many CTDs for me. So, yes it was the only variable that changed. I am not saying it’s easy to diagnose for Asobo given so many user hardware configurations but they do get automatic crash reports that they monitor to know how often it’s happening. And the fact they are doing 2 hotfixes now post SU5 that are partially related to CTDs is an indication of bugs they agree need to be fixed.

Please do not name call users or groups. Keep in mind the Code of Conduct and respect all users.

4 Likes

“Not so fast, Rocketpants!”.
If you look at the development update road map it says 2021-2022. I would expect it to be a Christmas Present for next year. Everything sooner would be a surprise gift then! :wink:

Great news!

Please add this issue: limited use VRAM and RAM in PC after SIM UP5.

2 Likes

I’ve spotted a couple of them congratulating one another for knowing there was a problem all along and working tirelessly to get to the bottom of it.

Well I hope they will also adress the missing AI buildings in many areas:

I am not talking on adding more trees then currently, but amount control from the current max to lower and sepetate draw distance, that will improve performance, some don’t care too much trees amount for instance.