Official MSFS vs Unofficial MSFS vs Official 3rd Party Developer Topics

I thought Microsoft Flight Simulator was open to everyone of all ages to enjoy flying around in various locations and aircraft but apparently this is false.

This thread pinned here [LIST] All Payware & Freeware Aircraft (06-24-22) proves any aircraft which doesn’t meet a certain criteria will NOT BE ADDED to the list.

Fantasy aircraft such as the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car/boat/aircraft CANNOT BE ADDED. That fantasy aircraft will be enjoyed by children. Apparently children are not welcome on flight simulator and third party developers are not welcome to build aircraft for children to enjoy.

Maybe if flight simulator is for all then the criteria must be changed or removed?

Sorry, where does it say that fantasy aircraft cannot be added or aircraft for children cannot be created? I’m failing to see the “criteria”, can you point specifically to that?

Plenty of weird and wacky add-ons out there, e.g. Other Aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator | Flightsim.to

Also this list is made by an individual not associated with MS or Asobo. It’s just a list. There are several other lists you can search for or use what was posted above me.

2 Likes

The very top post lists the criteria for inclusion, and states it is for “non-fantasy” aircraft only.

Still, this is only one persons post / thread, and has nothing to do with whether MSFS is open to users of all ages or not. As you say there is much else on flightsim.to , including a recently added flying cake!

Ahh, apologies, see it now. (too early/not enough coffee)

Well, the post author can have criteria for their list I guess, up to them. But you can take it up with them if you feel the need.

But MS/Asobo don’t have that policy for the sim, in fact they have deliberaty kept the game rating low so as to not exclude children. Things like weapons are excluded from Marketplace aircraft, e.g. guns on the FI Sptfire are removed. And they have included fantasy aircraft in the sim already (Pelican from Halo, Darkstar from Top Gun Maverick) so they don’t preclude such aircraft.

You could always start a list for aircraft that are child friendly/of interest to children?

If someone did build Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I’d fly it for sure

2 Likes

Important question. Will it have an EFB and will it be study level.

4 Likes

This post is everything that is wrong with the world today:

Misunderstand something, immediately rage out without taking a second to think ‘do I have this right?’.

5 Likes

As others have mentioned that thread is just one individual forum member’s list of payware planes and it isn’t anything official and therefore doesn’t prove anything. There’s absolutely nothing stopping devs from making fictional things. GotFriends have released a payware plane, the Gee Bee R3 Special that’s basically a full size version of something that only exists as a small scale remote control plane IRL. And Microsobo themselves have added the Pelican from Halo into the base game which is 100% fictional. And then there’s a few freeware fun things such as:

1 Like

The topic that you have referenced is not an official topic.

If you would like to start your own topic of fantasy aircraft, you are free to do so.

This thread is pinned to the aircraft section with automatic deletion of posts after 7 days. It gives the impression of an official thread. Only certain users have the permission to pin and auto delete threads. Users looking for aircraft addons will look here for information and find only certain aircraft addon because of this criteria.

Maybe the title of this thread needs to be updated saying UNOFFICIAL with a disclaimer saying it does not support the view of Microsoft and Asobo.

I can start a thread of my own but it will disappear from view after a while.

Nah it’s fine as is, it’s been there for a long time and you’re the only one I’ve seen that has got themself all wound up over it. Threads don’t disappear anyway, just threads with newer replies are bumped to the top so old ones get pushed down. You could make a thread about fictional planes and when a new one is out just post a new message in the thread and it’ll get bumped back up to the top again.

It is true that the topic is pinned. Only staff can pin posts - users can not. When posts are beneficial to the community, we will pin them.

That is a good idea to have “unofficial” on the title, however the post is in 3rd Party Aircraft section of the forum which is also unofficial MSFS. Some topics in 3rd Party may have “Official” in the title - meaning official to that 3rd Party Developer.

Was an unexpected outburst over some Chitty old car ever fun to see here this Sunday morning.
The outrage of the outburst made me think I was in a news forum.
I mean….what?

It would be useful and good practice to put unofficial on threads which are pinned and haven’t come from staff.

1 Like

Where’s my Starblazers mod, I want to argue about the flight characteristics of a WWII battleship!

I note there is nothing about this thread marking it as “unofficial” .

1 Like

It’s definitely an official public forum thread if that helps…

Some of our mods kindly put PERSONAL on their posts. A mod should be able to participate in any discussion just like the rest of us. I find this ‘disclaimer’ very helpful. Thanks. -Redeye

1 Like

I guess my list triggered someone. A better solution:

Delete my List, do your own research, and move on.

Then you wont be triggered by my criteria…

Let’s make this happen, (Any Moderator), I’m not going to waste my time if it just offends people.

I would like to request my thread for full deletion.

Until its deleted, I have modified the list to only include a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. @AerialGuitar264

You’re making it sound like I’m biased against children and stuff… unfair, unpleasant and utterly wrong.

The action was unnecessary and not something which should be done without further consideration. My post was to provide an opportunity to improve the enjoyment of flight simulator for all. I apologise for any inconvenience.