[OFFICIAL POLL] Connection Problems? [16 April 2022 and ongoing]

I have these issues last few days (central europe). Every few minutes sometimes even seconds I see this message and sometimes info message about switching to offline. Makes game unplayable for me. Do we have some destination server IP so we could check whole route? I’m pretty sure problem is not in my ISP network, as I check other IP’s via PingPlotter and no disruptions here. And if servers are not overloaded, there could be problem somewhere between ISP network and target server. f.e. some time ago, I had connection problems with some other game, and while servers were ok, there was problem between ISP and servers on route (packet loss on some Random London router). That would explain, why some users have this problem and some not.
But Asobo needs to do 2 things. 1. Try to reconnect in background, and after X number of tries if still not working, 2. Put some small window or text on upper right part of the screen that connection is bad. Not message over half of the screen requiring user input and locking controls, but not pausing the game. That’s just ridiculous.

5 Likes

Yes. It usually reconnects within a few seconds anyways. If they wouldn’t insist on showing this modal Dialog that you have to acknowledge and worst of all blocks joystick inputs most people wouldn’t even notice.

3 Likes

To be honest Asobo definitely do not have UI experts in team.

Hey There, @LazyTitanOP, and welcome to the forums. Very sorry to see you are having connection difficulties. MS are tracking this closely as evidenced by the official poll. I hope there is a resolution soon.

In the meantime, please check out the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service when you havce a moment to better understand the rules of the road here in the forums. There is also a Forum Guide where you can learn about the features available to you here. Again, welcome. I am hopeful a solution to connection issues will be implemented soon.

Since last weekend I am getting Connection lost message every 5-10 minutes.
Internet is working well because I am streaming TV from internet in other room and I do not hear or see any connection problems on TV.

Are you getting this messages during last days too?

Depending on your access point’s QoS settings, you may be getting your data throttled in order to maintain video streaming. If there’s been a slight dip in your ISP’s bandwidth, that could be enough for the sim’s data to be throttled to a point where it thinks you don’t have a good enough connection.

Happening to many people (me too), fault is on SU9 and unprofessional service from Asobo.

3 Likes

What kind of testing have you done to come to that conclusion that it was SU9. There are connection issues that was acknowledged before SU9 but who know it was fixed already. Many others that are running SU9 are using it without much issues.

Happened during the beta testing after first patch and has been reported to the devs.
Posted by many on forum too, getting random disconnections every 5 mins until it disconnects for good.
If you check Facebook you ll see plenty of people with same issue.
I said unprofessional due to the fact that we don’t even get a statement regarding the issues we are facing.
If it wasn’t because i have a minimum of education, i would get banned for saying what i think.
let’s hope the wake up and give us what we payed for or at least say something.

3 Likes

It is happening now in my flight… on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

FYI. I’m using US-WEST server

1 Like

This happened to me yesterday. I haven’t tried today yet, but before SU9 I did not have this issue.

4 Likes

Same here …really annoying

No yeah that it the one I mentioned where they did say there were connectivity issues before hand during the beta, I am not saying you are wrong, but it has been happening for a while. It just does sucks because for some they have the issues while others don’t, it’s like if the sim or servers select random people to mess around with. I haven’t luckily had any issues at all before and after sim update at all. Connection and performance have been great to me. Hopefully you get it resolved soon!

2 Likes

This is not a connectivity issue - multiple users in this thread and in other threads do not have any internet connectivity issues otherwise. More pertinently is the fact that EVEN IF the user WAS having ‘connectivity issues’, there is no justification for splashing a window that requires user interaction over the top of the user’s plane UI. If there are connection issues and the sim is disconnected … uh, sure, disconnect. At that point it is at best a mild inconvenience that would have eventually been noticed by the user anyway. But the fact is there is nothing the user can do in that moment to magically fix an aberrant connection - but Asobo can be assured that no user wants to have purported connection issues exacerbated by a UI that absolutely ensures that it’s a massive problem. In my case, I’ve now had this issue on two consecutive final approaches, the 2nd during the flare into a 700 foot long bush runway that resulted in me literally being unable to see the runway. I gained absolutely nothing by being notified about the connection issue - if I had not been notified, I would have landed successfully and without issue, and maybe I would have noticed the (apparent) problem later. That is a UI issue/bug, and moving this to a category that is posited as being directed towards problems on the user’s end (‘issues relating to connectivity’) is not the right move.

5 Likes

It was happening to me before SU9 so that throws your theory in the bin.

TV is gobbling up the bandwidth and has priority.

But do not disconnect others from internet!!!
There must be issue on MSFS servers side.

To me it wasn’t, only had connexion issues with SU9.Get a better provider and learn some education :slightly_smiling_face:

would you mind to finally fix it!!!
Its incredibly annoying and destroys almost every flight!!

Is there any update on this?

Some days I have brutally bad performance in sim then others it’s amazing… same place similar conditions

1 Like