[OFFICIAL POLL] Connection Problems? [16 April 2022 and ongoing]

Happening to me now as well in Europe.

Maybe the OP can change the topic title, as the issue is ongoing apparently?

yup - just had it pop literally at wheels down and crashed . F

Hi there, we are currently looking into this. Thank you for the reports!

If you have experienced this Low Bandwidth Error message, which platform are you on?

• PC (Steam)
  • PC (OneStore)
  • Xbox Series X|S

0 voters

9 Likes

Same here, errors and errors. Incredible how everyday is an issue this sim.

3 Likes

Getting it now every 5 min
 very annoying. Connection test on my end shows no issues (+250 Mpbs).

2 Likes

The bandwidth message isn’t the problem, but the “OK” button if it were gone, my sim wouldn’t stop, that would be an idea first, unless the real problem was solved

5 Likes

my denglish ist not the yellow from the egg, but the sim sholdn’t pause

3 Likes

Experiencing this right now USA East.

I haven’t had melted photogrammetry in months now. Today, everywhere I fly is a melted wasteland.

2 Likes

I logged in and it didn’t connect and it finally connected after the fourth time I logged in and I’m on the eastern US server

I would also like to add my name to those getting this message. Started 2 days ago and has happened on the last 4 flights. Last one was over Scotland so no detailed scenery. Using west eu server. Immediate speed tests say my current download speed is over 550mbps. I am not in developer mode, nor using any google map replacement mod. Sim has also just been reinstalled after a system format and install of W11 Pro. Many reports from users on Avsim too. Certainly not a user problem

The broadband message is not the problem. The problem is that if you don’t intervene immediately afterwards, the simulator stops and doesn’t continue to run even after clicking OK. A message can come up, but the simulator should continue to run, as with the message from the online services. On long-haul flights, this is annoying when you fly in a VA.

5 Likes

I was suddenly getting this a lot about a month ago. Multiple times on a single flight. Then just a suddenly, the issue went away. Not a single message for a month. But today it returned.

When I go back to the menu to switch Photogrametry back on, it can take several minutes. Very annoying. Johannesburg South Africa.

SU8, not beta. PC, Steam. Never installed that ‘other’ ground mapping option either.

I got the message 7 times on a 9 hour flight. And that’s really annoying

5 Likes

I get them from time to time, this morning is the latest, Msg said to slow and gave the choice to disconnect, or keep trying to make the connection, then it booted me offline about 5 min later. I told it to reconnected online but it just sat there in limbo trying to connect.

I ad-ended the sim, restarted got to the starting point cold and dark, bam CTD, one more time, now it works no errors. So far is working again.

All scenery disappears after a couple of disconnects since it switches automatically to offline mode. The disconnect message is also very annoying, specially in vr since it overrides all inputs and you can’t click anything else.

The sim is unplayable for me because the switch to offline mode causes ALL OBJECTS to disappear, and when it reappears it crashes the plane after 15 or 20 min of setup.

My in internet is stable on my side (50 mbps). Not that great bandwidth but certainly not the worst. This is unacceptable.

4 Likes

Also getting it wasn’t receiving the issue before. Using MSFS via Steam come up on both of my flights tonight.

1 Like

same in FranceSpeedtest d’Ookla – le test de vitesse de connexion global - Google Chrome 18_04_2022 23_53_55

Outside of this low bandwidth error, I’m having terrible stutters that I was not experiencing just a few days ago.

1 Like

How much latency do you have? do a speed test here: Bufferbloat Test by Waveform and tell us what your latency is. Its possible to have good ping but terrible latency.

1 Like

That is most likely the result of the server (low bandwidth) issue also. So don’t worry too much until they fix it.

1 Like