[OFFICIAL] Real vs. Sim Screenshots

Absolutely incredible how well MFS simulates the entire world. It’s not perfect, but it’s still incredible and will only get better!!

1 Like

Nazca Lines

1. Real
  2. MSFS

nazca_real

nazca_msfs

4 Likes

Took an into flight out of Ottawa CYOW. Couldn’t miss the opportunity to get one of these!

10 Likes

Dam, Amsterdam with the Royal Palace

I took the same image, applying a LOD scaling trick presented here. It gives me 1 FpS instead of 4 FpS (screenshot=Ultra) but it does show some subtle photogrammetry improvements ! In below image, the clearest effect is much better windows in the Rokin building behind the palace. The rest of the city looks better too… but you’ll certainly pay in FpS. My settings in UserOpt.cfg were 5.0 for the terrain LOD scaling, instead of the usual 2.0 for Ultra.

7 Likes

Departed KDVT, over the Loop 101 freeway looking East. I-17 / L101 freeway interchange in the foreground, McDowell Mountains in the background. Four Peaks is beyond that, visible in the image shot from the airplane, but not really defined in MSFS as they are basically about 45 miles out from this point.

11 Likes

@Fmgc320 Dude, that is frickin’ amazing! Not perfect, but who in the hell would even notice, I suspect probably not even someone intimately familiar with the are would see the differences.

Kev

2 Likes

Nice!!! One!!!

Laguna Ojo de Liebre, Baya California Sur (Mexico)

2 Likes

Just came back from a holiday in southern France and thought I could share some comparison screenshots. As you can see I’m not much of a photographer and the quality of some of the photos is really bad. I still thought it might be interesting to see how these places look in the sim.

7 Likes

8 Likes

See a lot of beautiful pictures :grinning:

2 Likes

Posted in another thread, posting here to give you permission to use them…
Real pictures taken on a flight on the evening of 7/21/21 out of KASH.
JF Warrior II repaint and KASH airport addons by me.
City of Nashua along Rt 101a and surroundings by Asobo and Black Shark AI :wink:

25 Likes

That last screenshot - I noticed the cell tower in the image. Do we have these now? don’t think I’ve every seen one!

1 Like

It’s most likely part of the “We Love VFR - Region 2” addon at Flightsim.to

2 Likes

Chicago real and sim

20 Likes

30 Likes

Top: Boston in MSFS
Bottom: Boston in 2016

8 Likes

where is the location for the second set?

St Malo, France Bretagne via the Rance River

28 Likes

Glacier National Park, USA

21 Likes