[OFFICIAL] Real vs. Sim Screenshots

View from Omeath , Co .Louth , Ireland , towards Mourne mountains .

4 Likes

View from Annagassan , Co.Louth , Ireland, towards Cooley mountains ( Mourne mountains further in background ) .

3 Likes

Had a trip last week to Colorado so here’s some comparisons I made.

Edit: I think it’s fantastic to be able to find these locations in MSFS with recognizable terrains and features but at the same time, I hope MSFS could further improve its ground details and clouds

Dillon Reservoir

7 Likes

Rainbow Curve Overlook

9 Likes

Lava Cliff Overlook

5 Likes

Forest Canyon Overlook 1

3 Likes

Forest Canyon Overlook 2

6 Likes

Georgetown Lake

10 Likes

Georgetown Train Station Parking Lot

6 Likes

Georgetown Train

3 Likes

Hoosier Pass

7 Likes

This blows my mind, every time I see something similar. The MSFS screenie is one I took, in VR no less. (Using the 200 Render Scale in 2D trick.) The real life is one I got online.

16 Likes

@Fmgc320 @CptLucky8 @BostonJeremy77, guys this it the results I get from the 200 render scale trick. And even forgetting that, the real life vs. sim stuff just blows me away. And this is stock MSFS scenery!

EDIT: If you look at the swirl pattern at the bottom of the crater, it looks like the people who took the pic were at the visitors center right next to my cowl.

3 Likes

That’s your VR??? Yeah my PC sucks. I don’t see it that good in 2D. And funny, I literally flew by Meteor Crater this weekend in the Piper on my way to Page, AZ!

Those people near the edge stokes my fear of falling! No way I’d be anywhere near that edge without a railing!

@Fmgc320 Yessir, it is. AFTER the 200 render scale in 2D trick. It was not that clear before, quite blurry in comparison as a matter of fact.

Kev

Ok. Need to go over VR settings with you. I think I’m not doing something correctly.

@Fmgc320 Anytime my friend. Oh, and check your email if you would be so kind…

Will share a totally random real vs. sim shot. This was a bit nostalgic for me as I was flying the 172 over the Spa Francorchamps F1 circuit in Belgium. I thought I’d try to find the awesome B&B we stayed at in the town of Battice, north of the track. Well it didn’t take long to find it. Amazed at the match, down to the two trees on the right side of the frame. This sim…

3 Likes

Milford Connecticut, Moses Wheeler Bridge (vicinity of KBDR)

MilfordMosesWheelerBridge1RW.PNG

3 Likes