[OFFICIAL] Real vs. Sim Screenshots

23 Likes

Nice shot!
@Zeanuck: Out of curiosity - do you have any mod for the trees installed? I suppose no, as the exaggerated size of the trees is clearly visible from the screenshot.

I am running REX Seasons with the tree mod, which lowers the tress 25% I believe.

1 Like

20 Likes

Was your approach and landing speed the same in sim? It “feels” so much slower…

It was almost 2 years ago :wink: I think I did my best to match the PoH so “Yes” :slight_smile: It’s definitely the view angle (GoPro 180° vs MSFS front view) that give more close objects just below the plane which gives this feeling of speed.

I think that Asobo could work on this feeling of speed a bit… it just feels too slow sometimes. No?

Maybe it’s just the size of the center line marks that make the difference. If they were narrower and shorter, they’d fling by quicker.

Not sure tho…

1 Like

An interesting observation.

Myself? I kind of find the slowness of MSFS runway simulations somewhat refreshing.

In FSX I always felt like I had JATO bottles strapped onto the tail of my little GA prop-jobs.

Having never piloted IRL though, this is just another view from the peanut-gallery.
:laughing:

1 Like

21 Likes

7 Likes

Huế city, Vietnam.

37 Likes

Wow insane shot!

1 Like

Finally got to visit Megeve! But they were closed for the day already, and I was leaving that night. Next time, glacier landing!

32 Likes

That looks pretty realistic apart from the low poly cliff face! :slight_smile:

That is a great place to visit…been there many times…love the Conny she is grace in motion and my first flight ever as a passenger at 6 months old. Don’t remember it though…haha

1 Like

Some shots from around Popham airfield, comparing with Burning Blue’s add on.
The photos weren’t 'technically ’ taken by me, but I did capture them myself from the airfield webcam and Google Street view. Please delete if this breaks the rules.

27 Likes

Maybe a bit different from the other pictures here but the live weather was pretty spot on today

8 Likes

Picture taken on april 2014 at Akureyri airport, Iceland, through the airport bay

The MSFS Twin Otter has a different position because of bush tires. And this is a pre-SU12 screenshot, you know, snow on the runway… :grin:

29 Likes

I genuinely can’t tell - I think the top one is real. Maybe.

3 Likes

Definitely the top one is real, look at the wind ripples in the ponded water to the lower right of the shot…. Brrrr.

2 Likes