Offline GA Traffic - New v6.0 Release - Bug fix and new optimised flightplans

Offline GA Traffic uses five MSFS generic general aviation models with three custom paint schemes for each model, which blend in perfectly with the static GA models included with many payware airports. They also taxi, take off and land at any MSFS airport, airfield, or airstrip with a suitable parking space. They fly VFR days only and IFR day and night, and all have strobe, navigation and landing lights. They fully interact with ATC at all stages of flight, and ATC will call them by a real-world make and model name, and a region-specific registration number.
Offline GA Traffic is optimised for use with MSFS default offline traffic, AIG Traffic (in offline mode only), and Aerosoft Simple Traffic. Available now at SimMarket.com.

New in Version 6.0:

• All flightplans optimised to create an equal percentage of parked aircraft at every available airport and airfield - if you set your traffic slider to 20%, you’ll see 20% of the parking spaces occupied globally.
  • Bug Fix: Incorrect tail numbers for UK registered aircraft - all affected aircraft now have individual G- prefix tail numbers.
3 Likes

Looks like this came out as freeware Simple GA Traffic » Microsoft Flight Simulator… but has now been deleted.

1 Like

That’s right, my apologies for that but a couple of GA Traffic add-ons have just been released which only feature one part of the world each, whereas this one covers the whole world at once.

Minus the occasional airbus I see buzzing the tree tops at 200 feet, this works really great for adding life to airports that are usually empty of actual players!

1 Like

Thank you alpha670, that’s very much appreciated.

Yes, that’s the same one was free but went to payware.

1 Like

Not sure this is working for me. I don’t see many GA planes at all. I tested at Van Nuys airport, the busiest GA airport in the US. Only one plane moving using Simple Traffic. How go I improve this?

The best place to test that Offline GA Traffic is working is at an International airport with plenty of GA and Executive parking, such as KMCO Orlando with the traffic slider at 100%. Some of the smaller default airfields may have very few, if any, parking spaces - if there’s a payware version of your local field I recommend buying it because it will have plenty of parking spaces.
Also try a higher traffic setting than 18% - this is the optimum setting on my system (MS Store version on 2D monitor with Simple Traffic), which keeps GA aircraft on the ramps and away from the gates at large airports. Your system and set up will be different, so don’t be afraid to experiment and get the right setting for you.

I did try 100% traffic at Van Nuys and now I see a lot of GA traffic moving. I reduced it to 35% and will try that. Thanks.

New in version 3:

• 6x more GA flights than default - more flights, more often!
  • Turboprops and private jets now fully shut down after taxiing to parking

Available now at SimMarket.com.

Interested in your addon. How does it affect FPS? I use Simple Traffic at 20% and cannot go higher unless I want a significant hit (10fps) to my performance. In spite of what people say, AI will affect FPS.
Is this a flightplan package with 3 new liveries for the default 5 GA aircraft? Will it conflict with GA from Simple Traffic/ MSFS in AI offline mode?

Offline GA Traffic doesn’t affect FPS any more than Simple Traffic, so you can use it with whatever settings you already have for Simple Traffic.
There are 5 GA aircraft types with 3 new liveries each, and 6x more flightplans than default.
There are no conflicts with Simple Traffic, AIG or FSLTL.

1 Like

So your traffic will not spawn on top of other AI traffic?
Are you planning on adding alternative (more traditional) liveries?
Also, do your AI use the default liveries as well or only yours?

Asking about liveries as I do not want to land at an airport where it looks like St Patrick’s Day :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen Offline GA Traffic spawn on top of other traffic, there could be more liveries in future and the default liveries are not used.

I don’t know if you can randomise liveries, I guess not, or is it possible that the screenshot above could happen often due to the liveries all using the same colours and schemes?

It’s just a coincidence that the three aircraft in the foreground all have green stripes - that’s the luck of the Irish! :smile:

2 Likes

I just bought it, thanks for putting this together. If you would like some more liveries, send me a PM.
Is there any reason you have only included 5 aircraft in this release? What about the C172?
Thanks…

Thank you for your purchase, if you’d like to create more liveries you’re more than welcome to upload them to flightsim.to.
The 5 aircraft are the MSFS generic AI general aviation planes which are more fps-friendly than the stock general aviation planes. Only two of the stock GA planes have true AI versions, the other eight are the full flyable versions.

1 Like

Is there any reason why the prop texture is stuck on ‘spinning’ mode on your AI ? Not visible on static models for example and the engine is off but the texture still shows engine on.

Also, none of the AI are doing anything, they just sit on the apron… Any ideas?