Offset Localizer in Stuttgart, Germany (EDDS)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

both localizer for runway 07 and 25 are offset to the right.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
… will add screenshots asap

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

do an ILS approach to rwy 07 and 25 (A320Neo) and observe the offset to the right.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

yes

is on PC, not only on XBOX

Yes, problem is reproducable.

Nothing new, offset localizer on both runways.

Last night approach with the mod to fix this bug went fine on the 25 ILS!

Unfortunately not usable for Xbox so we still have to wait for MS/Asobo to fix this.

Yes

Nothing new, offset localizer on both runways.

1 Like

For me there is no offset after SU10.

Attention: There has been a Runway ILS Fix by Sierra Bravo (downloadable via flightsim.to). It seems that after SU11 Asobo has fixed this issue. So everyone who has installed this ILS Fix should delete it because it hides EDDS Navigation Stars and Waypoints in SU 11.

1 Like

I’m about to check that out.
There is at least one problem still that some antennas are clobbering the beginning of rwy 07. Could be that the whole runway is moved a bit towards west … as I came down during an ILS 25 approach just ahead of the runway 25 which could also indicate the whole runway too far west.

1 Like

That might be, yes. ils brought me in a bit low, but there is no offset anymore. But the ils fix sierra bravo definitively messes up waypoints after su11, so better delete it

1 Like

I just did a few ILS approaches in Stuttgart (EDDS) and have seen the following:

• offsets are fixed for both directions
  • ILS 25: touch down too early by about 200m (600ft) ahead of the runway. This is also indicated by VASI showing all 4 red lights
  • ILS 07: most documents show ILS frequency to be 110.9 MHz but you have to enter 109.5 MHz in order to make the GS diamonds appear in the PFD
  • ILS 07: start of runway covered w. antenna arrays (part of the ILS antenna arrays?)
  • in both cases the ILS frequencies were not showing automatically and had to be manually entered into the FMCU

PS: hopefully there will be an acceptable 3rd party add-on EDDS (I’m on Xbox) one day…

Have you tested your recommendation?
I agree that Stuttgart has incorrect arrival procedures (without Navigraph), but this issue persists with and without the runway fix. I’ve tested it right now. The fix does not change any procedures nor navaids. It just adds a slope to the runway and places the ILS antennas correctly.
Your described issue can be true for your setup, but still no issue for others. Probably something is messed up with your scenery setup.
I cannot confirm your general recommendation.
Btw, I have no issues with STARs or other waypoints using Navigraph.

MSFS World Map without the runway fix (and without Navigraph):

1 Like

The runway slope is still not fixed in Stuttgart. The real threshold 25 is 85 ft below 07. This is not considered by Asobo, but the ILS is correct.
That’s why the default runway threshold without the fix is too high for ILS25 and leads you into ground before the threshold.
Sorry if you cannot use the fix at the moment.

2 Likes

Hello Sierra Bravo. I tested it with a Simbrief Flightplan in the fbw320. The waypoints VATER and UNSER were not selectable for ils . After deleting Sierra bravo fix. The waypoints were selectable in the mcdu. The glide slope was a bit low, but localizer was correct. It is a very strange issue.

1 Like

Got it, I recompiled the fix with the latest SDK and removed the ILS as the default one is correct now. Don’t ask me why it was broken after SU11. The new version is available at flightsim.to (https://de.flightsim.to/file/21629/edds-runway-slope-and-ils-fix). It still fixes the runway slope so that the glide slope matches to the runway threshold altitudes.
Thank you for the hint and could you kindly confirm if the fix retains the approach and departure waypoints for you now?

1 Like

Thank you for changing the files. I will test them until Thursday and report here !

How about the ILS frequency for rwy 07? Do we have info what we have irl? Secondly: I’m on Xbox so I unfortunately cannot use any fixes from flightsim.to. Are there any bug reports for EDDS open at Zendesk? I seem not to be able to find them :thinking:

1 Like

ILS 25: 109.90 ISTW
ILS 07: 109.50 ISTE
Just file a bug in Zendesk, the more the better.

2 Likes

Actually if the 109.5 MHz is correct (and this is what fs2020 then correctly accepts for EDDS rwy 07), a lot of places in the net and apps show the wrong frequency as 110.9 MHz.

(The 110. 9 looks similar to the 109. 9 for rwy 25 wheras the 109.5 seems a bit odd). For example: apxp.info: EDDS - Stuttgart Airport…)

So no need to write up a bug in Zendesk then. :blush:

Vatsim shows both???.. What is this “AFCAD” thing? :thinking:

1 Like

Perfect ! The updated fix works great. Slope is correct, I can select the waypoints again ! Thank you for fixing it !

1 Like