Offset Localizer in Stuttgart, Germany (EDDS)

Thank you, but some of the comments on the addon seem to suggest that this addon affects the taxiways. Is this true?

Can someone please confirm to me where the content XML file is and what I need to do? Believe it or not Iā€™m quite computer savvy but Iā€™m scratching my head about this file, Iā€™ve never heard of it before.

I have found what I think is the content XML file but it doesnā€™t have Navigraph in there at all, lots of lines but no Navigraph, but Iā€™ve been using Navigraph for a few weeks, so it should be in there right? Am I looking at the wrong file?

Confused!

Please can someone help? Thank you in advance.

The taxiways are all visible and correct. They were not modifed. But it seems that MSFS looses the connections of the existing taxiways to the new runway. So the built-in ATC cannot give you taxi instructions. I donā€™t use the the built-in ATC and have no issues.

The content.xml can have different locations, depending on your installation (disc, ms store, steam).
It defines the priority how sceneries are loaded. The lower the entry in the file, the higher the priority.
The EDDS runway fix must be below microsoft-airport-edds-stuttgart and Navigraph in the content.xml to be active.
If you use Navigraph, it must be in there, too.

Thank you. Does this work with the EDDS addon or is this fix only for the default MSFS airport?

So basically itā€™s good practice to put it at the bottom regardless Iā€™m guessing? I.e I might as well do it anyway!?

I created the fix for the default Stuttgart airport, which is available in msfs since WU6 (DACH). I donā€™t know if it is compatible with other add-ons. But you can give it a try. Btw, I used the great Gravity EDDS addon last year until WU6 broke it.

1 Like

Short answer, yes. But ā€¦
It really depends on the sceneries you have installed in your community folder. If you have multiple sceneries for the same location, the order defines which one can overwrite the others. Addons must be below the default base, Asobo and microsoft sceneries, of course. Msfs usually appends new sceneries at the end of the content.xml.
In case of my edds fix, only the runway with ILS and ground elevation is changed. It can be added to the bottom of the content.xml.
Btw, the content.xml will be created new by msfs if you delete it. No risk by modifying it.

1 Like

Itā€™s fixed? Can someone confirm

It is fixed.

2 Likes

Just checke w. Update 8: still Not fixed for both approaches (07 and 25). Iā€™m on XBox.

Problem is that We need a fix from Asobo as on XBox no temp patch can be applied.

This is interesting. For me it is fixed. Have you installed all the updates in the content manager?

Still Not fixed.
Tested now with all content manager apdated.

1 Like

Also still offset to the right for me on Xbox for ILS07.

1 Like

Yes, I have installed all updates. Summary: with only the default EDDS (MS/Asobo) there is a deviation to the right with both approaches: 07 and 25. With the JustSim EDDS installed the 07 approach works but with the 25 approach the ILS is not working and the plane drops out to the right and off the glidepath. Add. problem still is that the Installation of the JustSim EDDS corrupts runway and taxiways so that no normal landing and taxying is possible. Donā€™t know what exactly I had done but at some point I was able to uninstall the default (Asobo) EDDS and was happy with the working JustSim EDDS. After the Australia World Update the default (Asobo) EDDS was automatically re-installed unfortunately now I seem not to be able to uninstall it again. Donā€™t know what happened when I had that ā€˜Uninstallā€™ button even for a default airport in content manager before the Australia Update. Now itā€™s gone and I assume it was a fix done to prevent from uninstalling default content.

Can confirm from my side runway 07 ils is still 0ffset, updated on Xbox.

1 Like

Not fixed as of right now. Iā€™m on XBox.

Offset here as well, runway 07, PC STORE edition.

EDIT: Will test this mod, EDDS runway slope and ILS fix Ā» Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no way around it on Xbox. In addition I found a bump on runway 25: during takeoff roll with the A320Neo (around halfway).