Ok so that's why Asobo Downgraded his game on PC?

i wonder if this is intentional by ms/asobo to allow 3rd partys devs to step and make the scenery better,just a thought,ive also seen a decline in the graphics too,watch this space eh

Yes. Just increase the TerrainLoD & ObjectLoDs to at least a factor of 3; and turn off the FilmGrain (ie. set that to zero).
Also, in the main sim graphics options, set the Render Scaling to at least 100.

2 Likes

Wrong, these changes can be measured on technical level and are factual, not some kind of opinion. So yes, if there is a downgrade of any kind, it’s not because someone “believes” it, but because it happened.

2 Likes

Imo that is not what Microsoft wants. I guess they try to even out the graphic standards on both platforms in order to prevent the consoles to look way more inferior than the highend PC.

One of the few

Yep. What will/do people think when games are released using Variable Rate Shading? (Gears Tactics and Gears 5 are good examples). Dunno about everyone else but I’m too busy playing the game and not ordering magnifying glasses from Amazon.

If I can’t notice it at normal viewing distance (aka not zooming in 400%), I’ll take the extra performance offered by VRS thanks.

the answer is no.

They are different systems with different core memory speeds.

PC’s use Direct X 11
Xbox Series S/X Direct X 12

PC’s use a blend of memory.

Xbox series S/X use GDDR6X across the board.

Xbox optimization is on 2 hardware type and easier to fine tune.

PC has various types and requires more effort.

The tuned some pc aspects to handle threading issues common on various AMD and Nvidia GPu’s when used with variant processors and System memory.

I hope and prey this sim on PC will get visually back/ Pop up problems to how it was with hotfixes…I dont want to wait 2 months for SU6, Oh and the live weather problems we have had since SU5

Who says what people are witnessing are bugs, have asobo announced or put out acknowledgement of problems or are they still quiet ?

I’m not saying necessarily that everything people are witnessing are bugs, but looking at the previously linked comparison from this to this, do you really think the thought process at Asobo was something like “OK, we need more performance and I’m sure nobody will care about this…”?
Of course not. The above is either a bug or server load issues causing the scenery to not load properly.

Can I add cod comes out soon, that’ll be the xboxers transferring the gaming love to that game.

Hope your right, I thought I’d missed an announcement from the developer.

Yes, because they are probably mortified and afraid to say anything. They have to know they completely messed this one up.

1 Like

That is not in any way an answer to my post :grinning:. But let’s stop here, I’ve said what I wanted. Best!

thanks for asking.
Some of the changes may seem contradictory or duplicating the settings in the SIM
but consider that many settings on the Nvidia card via the control panel work in addition to settings in the SIM such as the FXAA antialias.

In the SIM I set rendering to ULTRA.
The ONLY things I then change are:
Depth of field OFF
Motion blur OFF
Lens Correction OFF

NO Rolling cache.

in the NVidia control 3D panel I then added for the SIM these changes:
Anisotropic Filtering 16x
Anti Alias FXAA ON
Anti Alias Gamma correction ON
Antialias Mode ENHANCE APPLICATION
Low Latency Mode ULTRA
Texture Filtering Negative LOD CLAMP
Texture Filtering Quality HIGH QUALITY
Trilinear Optimisation ON
Vertical Sync FAST

In addition for my own reasons I have max FPS set at 30 both in the SIM and in the NVIDIA card.
But the PC runs fine also at 60 but as I said for a number of reasons I have always believed in setting the max FPS. But I know that opinions are divided about this.

And the SIM runs very nicely at a solid unwavering 30 FPS.
In addition I run Touch Portal, Little Satnav and SpadNext.
5 Saitek/Logitec instrument panels, joke, quadrant radio and NAV panel.
Everything works well together for me. May not for anyone else.

1 Like

why isnt that post hidden? Its offensive.

You arent complaining, you are ranting and in the process getting your facts wrong.

I think you are getting a little excessively dramatic or exaggerated. This is software, not the end of the world. Everything can and will be fixed. Change the strategy to problem solving.

Jummivana
Senior Community Manager

“Hello! The team is working on communication and will post as soon as we can - we are currently triaging and/or discussing the biggest issues we are seeing reported (LOD Pops, Temperature altitude fix not working, CTDs, installation issues, etc.). We acknowledge this post as well as the others seeking communication and please know we are in progress. Thanks!”

1 Like

Closing as posts are not civil or constructive.

Keep posts in line with the Code of Conduct.