Ok so that's why Asobo Downgraded his game on PC?

A bug, a dumb oversight, a bad design choice, whatever it is, I think we’ll still see a fix for it. Either a bugfix, or a new graphics preset that can be used to de-xboxify the sim if you have the computing power (although this might undo some or even most of the huge performance gains).

But it might take a while as I doubt this issue is at the top of their to-do list right now; it would make sense to focus on the CTDs first and get everyone in the game, and then get the live weather working, and then take care of the graphics and other non-gamebreaking issues.

You can’t see a difference because you are running a 1660ti before and probably was not able to turn stuff up before :wink:
I am running an rtx2060super.Although its not a high end card I had enough juice to run the game on ultra high settings set LOD sliders to the right.
After this update I am not noticing the city skylines from the airport. That being JFK and KORD
Sounds very similar to Pilotstudd who also claim in one of his comments he didn’t notice a difference. He is also probably running a low spec machine.
Now ultra looks like medium settings.

5 Likes

The XBOX users reporting on this Forum was a concern of mine.

Keeping up with PC users was enough.

I don’t see why I should have to read the XBOX users Post and Replies
since it doesn’t affect me (PC user) at all.

My thread concerning this fell on deaf ears (“they are the same”).

I just can’t see it with x thousand or x hundred thousand of XBOX users.

2 Likes

Medium is now the new ultra :wink:

7 Likes

Well then, I am very happy.

I was flying with pure 4K Ultra.
After SU5 I still am.

So, my graphics being displayed are greatly increased (improved), right?

Also, my FPS increased.

Can’t complain.

1 Like

Same here. Have a few niggly bugs but else the sim is looking good.

I’m confused as watching that video in full 4k on full 4k monitor in the op, in every comparison the pc version looks better than both console versions.
Don’t forget console version has dx12 pc version doesn’t at the moment not sure how it would effect things though.

Also playing myself the sim looks the best it ever has.

As far as I’m aware, and I don’t have a source for this because I don’t remember where I saw it so someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s not actually using any DX12 exclusive features at the moment, it’s just DX11 code that runs on DX12 thanks to backwards compatibility. True DX12 will come later when stuff like raytracing is implemented.

1 Like

So you say this…but then go on to list the downgrades that others have cited…

Thanks for validating the obvious “downgrades” on the PC side. We appreciate your contributions…

2 Likes

Did you really just say that? Do you believe it? C’mon man, HIGH END PC? and it looks BETTER? What is your magic dude? I run in 3840x2160 on a 65" screen with full ultra settings. The sim looks horrible now. Different people will get different results? No, different systems will get different results. My system looked jaw dropping BEAUTIFUL before this set of patches. Now it’s xplane.

7 Likes

No idea whats going on for some of you. I ran full ultra in SU4. i run full ultra now. The clouds are certainly downgraded, but the rest… never looked better.

I dont get any of the missing buildings and low quality ground textures some of you are showing. Its all as it was before but a lot sharper textures. It’s running fantastically smooth and looks incredible… apart from the clouds :wink: Overall I’m massively impressed. I was loving it up to SU4. SU5 has taken the sim to the next level for me.

1 Like

So if they are so aware of these things then let me ask you why they are not concerned about issues that have been ongoing for over a year? Why are simple issues being ignored, and I mean really easy simple ones that could have been cleared up before the release even but at least 5 times since that release? Why do the complicated ones get highlighted in their reports? Why does every single solitary update have to effect the community folder?. ? Any reasons for these things that make since? Mouse over the fuel valve in your Pitts special without having the blue highlighter on and read the command. Then go find that command word for word in your controls. Hit your R key and then Control plus the number pad + and - key a few times at random, and then tell me what your sim rate is? They are aware of what they are doing alright so do you have the same livery you had to begin with or did they change it and ruin your other repaints?

Screenshot 2021-08-01 060409

1 Like

Just think, 9 more years to go and by then they’ll have it squared away so it should look a lot like an offering from Abacus software along the lines of Flight Simulator 1.0.

4 Likes

No way you were running MSFS on ultra with a 1660ti…LOL, sure, Jan.

4 Likes

Well, if it is not happening on your machine, then you would not have any idea. I guess you are going to have to take other’s word for it when they express the issues on their machines.

So are you bragging in the midst of others complaining? Or do you somehow think that your comments are actually helping people with issues on their machine.

3 Likes

Hard to say whether he is being genuine or just wanting to stir people up.
I have a 3090 and like most here have noticed a dramatic reduction in fidelity with sim update 5.
X-Plane 11 ORBX scenery at lower levels is definitely better.

2 Likes

Your evidence to suggest it his own fault (not downloading a world update) or that it is a temporary anomaly by the Bing servers is what MSGX88?

I too thought my graphics had improved and then… silly me… I forgot to put my glasses on…

2 Likes

I thought VR is meant to replace full cockpit setups…?

Anyways, I have the same hardware as you and the same good experience with SU5+Hotfix.