Okay, who else on here had this version of MSFS

How many old f@rts like me? Many a trip from O’Hare to Kankakee.

15 Likes

That’s how it looked for me on the Amiga.

3 Likes

IBM PC Jr w/ 128k of ram for me.

1 Like

Had the same experience, but in living grayscale. Flight Simulator for Apple Macintosh, 1986. My first flightsim. In a lot of ways, I think I got more enjoyment out of it than from any version since.

4 Likes

Last day of my junior year of high school in 1989, we got to play games on the computers in my programming class. I played Microsoft Flight Simulator 3.0 and fell in love. I even told a friend: someday they’ll be able to make it all look real.

5 Likes

Those graphics were amazing to our eyes back then.

4 Likes

The old slide show simulator. Ran great on my old 486 Packard bell computer. I think it was like 1 fps.

1 Like

My first was the Sublogic Flight Simulator II on the C64.

6 Likes

I also started with Sublogic

3 Likes

Yep, I’m that old too. In fact, I even had the flight sim, if you can call it that, made for the Timex Sinclair which was nothing but some white dots to represent landing lights. - Lauren

1 Like

I had an Atari 800 with 48 KB of RAM and I typically flew all the way to KCMI; where FS II was hatched…

https://www.ebay.com/c/1700853429

3 Likes

I also started with Sublogic ATP with very similar graphics. IBM ps/1 386 with 2mb ram…

1 Like

I had that one on my new 80286 system running at a blazing 12mhz…which was a 1000% faster compared to the Sublogic FS2 on my C64

3 Likes

Anyone else miss these sounds…:rofl:

6 Likes

Positive! I remember that sound very well. People who played this had state of the art PC’s. We did not care about the occasional stutter then, did we? This was high tech. Does msfs2020 still run some of that code base, I wonder :thinking:.
Thanks for posting!

4 Likes

I remember well,
I used this:

For this Flight Simulator:
SubLogic_FS1
I had lots of fun with my TRS-80 Model III then my new super computer, the TRS-80-Model IV
Smile

4 Likes

My first was the Sublogic Flight Simulator II on the Atari ST. I think I remember flying the Cessna at Meigs and the Lear at Oakland and liked to fly around Frisco. I learned instrument flying on that thing too - a big help when I did my PPL.

2 Likes

I used to go from O’Hare to Springfield Il., except Springfield was just LAT and LON. But it’s how I learned to navigate and fly. FS is what got me involved in PC’s and programming (Apple Basic, Pascal, Fortran, MS Basic, C++, all Visual Languages not to mention numerous in house languages). That was my livelihood until I retired last year. Just in time to vFly again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah! Back then you actually knew something was happening instead of like now when you stare at the screen for 2 minutes before you realize the program is locked up. LOL!

2 Likes

My first was FS II for the Commodore 64, along with other flying sims/games F19 Stealth Fighter, Acrojet, and Gunship by Microprose.

1 Like