On Reverb G2 controllers the "Thumbstick X" and "Thumbstick Y" are not operating anything

PC
Steam
No Dev. Mode
Empty community folder
HP Reverb G2

In the default HP Reverb G2 right controller profile there are following actions assigned:

• Cockpit Interaction X Axis Lockable - THUMBSTICK X
  • Cockpit Interaction Y Axis Lockable - THUMBSTICK Y

The sim is set to Lock Cockpit Interaction Systems (because the LEgacy mode is now not operable in VR which is a pity).

These actions are not usable is the sim.

How to reproduce:

1. Go to VR (e.g. C172 G1000).
  2. Select a switch or rotary knob witch VR controller (e.g. raycasting mode).
  3. Move the thumbstick on VR VR controller - no effect in the sim.

This may be related to:

I was just about to post the same issue.
VR controllers are far too imprecise to control a rotary knob or the G1000 pan/zoom joystick. But the “Cockpit Interaction X Axis Lockable” (and y-axis) looked like the perfect solution… except they do nothing.

Thank you for posting, now I know it’s not just my setup, so I will stop fiddling with my controller settings.
When the MFS2020 was initially introduced Asobo/Microsoft somehow pitched the Reverb G2 as the best supported VR headset (it’s based on MS WMR). It’s a pity they were unable to make it right even for their own (WMR based) controller :frowning:

I was having the same x and y problem… tried everything I could think of…no dice

I suggest checking this:

and the workaround specified here to allow assiging functions to thumbsticks:

Actually, they are very precise - in X-Plain I could rotate my wrist and adjust everything very finely: heading, trim, radio freq etc. It’s just that SU7 Asobo implementation is buggy and it’s impossible to dial in anything - see my bug post about that. If done correctly, rotating your wrist would be just fine for any control. But there’s no reason not to have both: joystick control can also be useful.

same with quest 2 controllers