Open letter: Re Update Process and the PC version

Please select quality and performance features for Xbox and PC

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish I had only a performance problem.
I can start the application, get to marketplace, options and profile. The moment I chose a flight no matter where and how, even lessons or epic flights the application freezes and my only option is to quit it through windows

The facts that must be understood is that MSFS is still in an early ALPHA stage of development, but it is widely and wrongly being seen as (pseudo-) early access. Many even see this an RTM/Gold that just needs some patches. No, this is in ALPHA still.

As long as screenshots/sightseeing remain the emphasis of this project, MSFS will remain in ALPHA indefinitely; no amount of bug reporting or open letters will matter.

2 Likes

I dont particularly agree with the OP. Essentially, to me it reads - Asobo should make changes as if they are walking on egg shells. Forget about changing anything in the sim because someone is going to be offended on the forum. Got an idea for an improvement mr dev? Don’t do it. Something in the sim community wont like it.

Write down every tiny change made in the sim over a month by 50 devs and at release time release a 2000 item changelist for public scrutiny.

Personally I like what Asobo are doing. They are trying to improve the sim even if it always does not go to everyone’s liking. They are not taking the x-plane or P3d approach of making virtually no changes (or tiny changes) to a dated product so an addon created 7 years ago continues to work.

Sure they need to fix some problems like CTDs and they have already released a hotfix this week and I am sure they will address the other issues.

1 Like

That is not at all the intentions or the contents of the post.

Its more about:
1 options, pc players should have the option to turn off some of the new graphical settings for example: sharpening filter.
2 if they make say a controller centric ui thats fine, but upon next boot after an update the old ui and control binds should not be gone for existing players.
3 mods and addons make a flightsim, they even dedicated an ingame marketplace to them. If the devs are unable to provide detailed change logs how do you expect them to do the work? Aerosoft, Pmdg and many others already complained about this.

If i could improve the writing let me know!

Edit: and 4 the broken promises, made no more than a month ago are an issue as well ofc.

2 Likes

I apologise. 11 months and 1 week then. And do you really think the Xbox porting is just a recent development? Let’s put it this way - for them to have broken as much as they have, they must’ve been doing this for quite a while.

Hi I just want to say that this letter I think clearly sums up what a lot of us are feeling . This time last year I for one was so excited with what was potentially about to be delivered . I Was more than happy to accept that there would be teethng problems .what I didnt anticipate that a year later I am seriously thinking I’ll pay for xplane and give it a go…simply to justify the amount of monies I’ve tied up with thrustmaster tca kit And the 1500 pound gaming laptop that I bought specifically to allow me to run msfs at a reasonable level.However I’m still hoping that msfs and asobo will take on PC simmer concerns …since the longevity of this title will not be as a xbox’s title.

1 Like

Again, they themselves have said development on the xbox version started after release. Either way it’s hard to make solid argument one way or another when so much, if not all, is based on assumption.

Very well put and as mentioned your English is great! :slight_smile:

need to fix actual altitude with ATC to aircraft as since had update and push B to set altitude. when at altitude according to aircraft, ATC keep saying climb to or descend to

Hallo,
bezüglich des heutigen Updates stimme ich vielen Kommentaren zu. Bei mir funktioniert der Autopilot nicht mehr! Bin heute mit Cessna CJ4 und 208 geflogen. Die Einstellungen im AP waren nicht mehr möglich. Was Kann ich machen?

just look at my scenery! think im throwing in the towell and reinstalling another sim

my specs are

5900x
rtx 3090
64gb 36000mhz ram

and these are the results! was fine before this update!

Used to be able to see the buildings across the river, now its all gone.

Such a shame!

Im really hoping its just a bug at this point.

Who will prompty reply “How does any of this this make the game better on Xbox and get us more sales?”

It is a shame, if you enlarge the first picture that is standard camera position check out the melted buildings

maybe wake up to reality, ms is in for the money , not to make the world any better.

2 Likes

You do have a point ! Asobo is, in fact, a contractor doing business with Microsoft for a profit.
They answer to MS and this is a for profit product. Simple as that. Decisions involving this product are based around the good of the corporation not frustrations coming from an obscure forum. Period

Yep.
The impression I got the the Asobo interview released today is that for Asobo, there is one customer, and that is Microsoft.
Makes sense, they are a dev shop. Microsoft is calling the shots.

Asobo had a contract to optimize the game for Xbox S series, memory, cpu and graphics wise, they delivered on this requirement and they are ‘happy with the great job done’ (this is a direct quote).

3 Likes

Come on guys, you release an update which everyone was anticipating. Now we get plagued with constant CTD’s. Please get this fixed before you start to lose customers and long time flyers. Before update 5 and the hotfix you released after that, I can’t complete a single flight. It goes straight to CTD. Even airports aren’t showing gates for example. This was not happening before update 5. Everything was smooth and I never experienced a CTD-EVER. Please fix this, we aren’t in the FSX era and these CTD’s are unacceptable. Please get this fixed as soon as possible or allow us to revert to the previous version until you completely fix these issues. Its unacceptable. I can’t even start up the sim now-it CTD’s back to desktop. Even payware isn’t working properly. Please fix this now, you have a great simulator only to let it be plagued with ancient problems such as CTDs.

1 Like