Open up communications with Reality-XP

Pleas stay on topic. This post is about the devs opening up communications with RXP so that we can all benefit from @CptLucky8’s decades of experience with flight simulation.

3 Likes

the communication channel seems to evolve in the same way as the sim…perhaps a link between both

i’m asking how an rxp unit is working in VR ? is touch is working in VR ? (like pan the screen for example ?)…i know, rxp unit will not be on MSFS and VR seems to be abandonned by FS team but i’m curious about that (perhaps under XP ?)

So Rxp should burst the aircraft ?
but Rxp will not boost the sim, it could allow it to not being degraded by low performance of a “0.5:1” JS solution.

Reality-XP is a must for MSFS. The only thing holding me back from fully adopting MSFS is the inability to realistically integrate my realsimgear GNS530 with the sim, which requires me to be able to run Reality-XP’s excellent GNS530 simulator in the sim. Please engage with @CptLucky8!!

5 Likes

I don’t think we will see a day.
The only things we will have is propably a WT GTN, without any concurrency, Killed In Action.

I think if this was going to happen in any meaningful way, it would have happened by now.
It takes at least 2 to communicate, and neither party really seems that interested anymore.
A case of, Ignore the issue, and eventually it will fade away with apathy.

ego

1 Like

At least, we can benefit RXP skills with its contribution (but not in the name of that company, it is a personnal contribution) to OpenXR-Toolkit to have better perf and visual in VR, instead of just being degraded over months by official team.

OpenXR-Toolkit

3 Likes

Reality-XP would be an asset to FS2020.

Jim H.

2 Likes

Depends if they want to make a sim or not :wink:

An amazing contribution by the RXP Developer to the OpenXR-Toolkit – such a waste he is ignored in other areas, where he could make similar ground breaking contributions.

4 Likes

Am I right that the last development update was the first one to note that this thread is under investigation? Without wanting to get my hopes up too much, I was massively excited to see that!!

1 Like

Really? I listened and watched but must have missed that!

I haven’t heard anything concrete on this topic in a very long while. I am waiting for either side to provide an update when they deem it appropriate, but the longer this goes on, the lower the chances of an update.

I guess it is the feedback snapshot that I’m thinking about - not the video development update. Still - don’t think this had made the list previously.

1 Like

Yes.

Checked it as well, it is on number 53 on the wishlist.

Finally, after more then a year, this is great news.

1 Like

seeing what have been done by @mbucchia and @CptLucky8 with OpenXR-Toolkit, they cannot ignore now the benefit (for users) they could have to work with rxp to enhance the sim. Continue to ignore him would be an insult for customers.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat (down to having the exact same unit). Good to see this is a least on the radar now; hopefully the “investigation” bears fruit!

2 Likes

I don’t think it are the Customers that are being insulted as much as the Developer(s) :wink:

1 Like

if they really are a team of six on VR (last Q&A) i wonder what they do… when i see what 2 talented people can do in a few weeks

1 Like