Open up communications with Reality-XP

sorry if I ask this, but I still don’t understand what reality xp actually is and why anybody should be bothered to have it in msfs?

RealityXP is a company that provided accurate Garmin device emulation for various Flight sims (FSX for eg). It cannot provide the same for MSFS 2020 as some extra facilities need to be enabled in software for this to happen which only the MSFS 2020 Devs can provide. Hence the request as people want the same accurate Garmin (and other device) emulation available in MSFS 2020 (for PC at least)

4 Likes

If you want a good demonstration of what the RXP Garmin Simulator GPS can look like in a Flight Simulator, this Video of a Professional Pilot using the RXP Garmin in XP, will be an eye opener, as to what could be available.

2 Likes

Hi RealityXP

To my surprise I found that addon developer tdssim is now technically able to integrate the garmin trainer with FS2020, also integrating with the autopilot and VC.

Just wondered, if you are involved / in contact with tdssim ?

N.B.
This message was flagged by the community and I do not understand why.
For me this post may be interesting for anyone who is interesting using the garmin trainer with FS2020.
I have been and still am a user of Reality XP products for X-Plane.

RXP units miss me so much when i see such video…
But it is just an example of what rxp can afford to a sim, not only GPS units, but 20 years of experience and we have an example with the OpenXR Toolkit, it is not just a theory, it is a fact now.

1 Like

Good. Thank you. I agree. Good communications among developers and programmer teams, and with users makes software-things simple. Cood communication means well documented program comments and good user documentation also.

October 2022. Is MSFS becoming any serious so far?

Im a Pro pilot, sticked to P3D because i can use the RXP+Realsimgear GPSs for recency of experience, currency and practice… they are FAA approved, many BATD/FTD (Training devices) are sold using P3D + RXP + Realsimgear products today… so, i practice at home and facing the training simulator is a piece of cake(even the real aircraft´s).

Seems like its time to bring down some walls and getting started on this game… i mean: market

Happy flying!

5 Likes

Any reason why Asobo won’t work with Reality XP to get their Garmin’s compatible with this sim?

It’s been quite a while since we heard anything on this topic. So to be quite honest, at this point we can’t even say if Asobo is definitely not working with RXP. Until we get more information from either party we just have to assume that the matter was settled back then and nothing is going to change.

Good question … he has taken his talents & decades of FlightSim knowledge (And Garmin Trainer License) to X-plane, where he is very active.

MSFS’s loss

There is always the “TDS Sim Software” GTN750, that is based on the Garmin Trainer, and is available for MSFS (Payware) – works very well, and it’s keyboard and display are super responsive.

MSFS is now stuck with a JS coded, GNS530 ,
A poor copy, that is both slow, and missing many of the features of the real world GNS530.

1 Like

Never had a flight where that thing hasn’t bugged out…

I don’t understand. I hear so many excellent things about the WT implementation. Nearly true to life. What’s missing still?

take a read … https://static.garmin.com/pumac/GNS530_PilotsGuide.pdf

or try out the Garmin GNS530 Trainer

It depends on what you are looking for - it’s all a matter of what degree of accurate simulation you are looking for.

The WT GNS530 is certainly better than the original Asobo version

Yes. So is my understanding too. But giving me the manual is like saying: het go figure it out for yourself what’s missing.
I could do that, but giving me a top three or so would be much faster, wouldn’t it?

By the way. I was one of the people trying to get RealityXP and MSFS back to the talking table in 2020, but everything (read: the choice for WT) seemed to have been made already for reasons that I don’t know about. Something with unsupported technology which was mentioned above, and a dispute on licensing. So no chance.

No, its FASTER for me to point you to the manual, where you can read Garmin Official documentation, rather than to read the Forum Post from someone who you have no idea what they may be making up or fantasize about.

A very tactical answer. I buy it!
Cheers

PS. Or do you mean: not saving flight plans and messing up some functionality of the AP? :wink:

1 Like

Your a smart cookie !!!
Nothing “Casual Simmer” about you Sir …

1 Like

You too, mr. WBSim! Bought your C172 just a week ago.

Just 2 trial exams away from my check ride in an AT3.
Thereafter: conversion to the C172 for night rating. Can’t wait! Hence the need for your mod😜
Use the sim a lot for preparations. Works for me. AT3 has an Aspen though.

1 Like

Congratulation … I love night flying IRL. You will appreciate the enhansed cockpit lighting, and the realistic light levels with engine start… and how you have to take care of your battery resources !!

ENJOY… Safe landing in both the wb-sim C172 as well as IRL.

1 Like

Will let you know in the relevant topic to not derail this thread too much. Nice talking to you sir.
PS. Changed my profile😜
PPS. Working on it… not bouncing on landings that is :astonished:. AT3 is a finicky beast.