OpenXR:200% MSFS render scale:50% = incredible clarity and smoothness on G2

OXR 200/ TAA 50 works suprisingly smooth, but overall graphics are worse, mainly blurry cockpit displays. For me OXR 70/TAA 100 works best on RTX 3070.

1 Like

The cockpits here look great with cristal clear displays on my Reverb Pro. I am on a 3090 and 9900K @ 5.2, HT disabled.

This twick is not for Steam, it`s for OpenXR and it does work great on my system.

1 Like

I agree that there is artifacts in the far distance using the 200/50 setting but it’s acceptable to me. It’s not too much and the other advantages (clear text, the houses look much sharper etc.) are worth the minor amount of artifacts.

Note that I have noticed that if you turn the terrain LOD and objects LOD sliders to 200 then the artifacting is much more noticeable. It’s actually too much artifacting with LOD 200 so I prefer to use the 70/100 settings in this situation. However I normally run with LOD settings at 100 and therefore the 200/50 works great for me.

I just tried the new Nvidia driver … again, I don’t hunt FPS, but this one seems pretty good to me… also clarity in my G2 is better. Quite enjoyable!

1 Like

It seems a few here, a majority, are having success with this. So may be it does work. Good for you, i’m a bit jealous! Why can’t it work on steam grrr.

What is your PC spec ? Which drivers are you using ?

1 Like

Pc is i7 7700k cpu 3080ti gpu 32gb 3600mhz ram, latest steamvr beta and latest nvidia drivers, win 10, hmd is pimax 8kx.

Thanks. Seems to have improved clarity for me also.

Unfortunately due to the fact you have a Pimax headset you have to use SteamVR. This twick is for OpenXR. Saying that you can try Supersampling at 200 in SteamVR and render scale at 50 in MSFS, see how you getting on. Leave Custon Render Scale in OpenXR at default (un-ticked)

I tried that, no success, but thx for the suggestion!

The problem with SteamVR is that it renders at 45fps, will not do 30 and reprojection. That can be a problem as we do not have gpus and cpus with enough muscle yet. The only way around it is to get a G2, Pro or Quest and use that for MSFS with OpenXR, keep the Pimax for other games that can carry it. You are also hamperd by paralel reprojection which lowers the overall performance in the sim.

I have a G2 and a quest 2 but i prefer pimax 8kx for msfs, even with its lower fps, because i can use 150 degrees fov. I’m getting 30 fps and its “reasonably” smooth.

Hi.

Can I ask you, what do you have written in your .bat?

This file interesting me.

Thanks

Here are some excerpts:

echo Starting Audio…
start “” /affinity 0x0000000000FC0000 “C:\Program Files (x86)\VB\Voicemeeter\voicemeeterpro.exe”
echo …
echo Loading MSFS…
REM pause
start “” steam://rungameid/1250410
timeout 1
echo …
echo Killing unnecessary processes…
REM taskkill /f /im chrome.exe
taskkill /f /im aaHMSvc.exe
taskkill /f /im TOTALCMD64.EXE
taskkill /f /im AGSService.exe
taskkill /f /im CloudRaService.exe
taskkill /f /im GoogleCrashHandler.exe
taskkill /f /im “NVIDIA Share.exe”
taskkill /f /im “NVIDIA Web Helper.exe”
taskkill /f /im WTabletServiceCon.exe

echo Stopping Services…

sc stop DisplayEnhancementService
sc stop UmRdpService
sc stop TermService

timeout 180
echo Loading Voice Recognition…
start “” /affinity 0x0000000000FC0000 “H:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe”
timeout 30
echo …
echo Loading SimShaker…
start “” /affinity 0x0000000000FC0000 “C:\Program Files (x86)\SimShaker\SimShaker for Aviators Beta\SimShaker for Aviators Beta.exe”
echo …
echo Loading VR Control Box…
timeout 60
start “” /D "D:\MSFS Projects\MobiFlight" “MFConnector.exe”
echo …
echo Closing Precision X1…
taskkill /f /im PrecisionX_x64.exe
echo Starting FlyPT Mover
start “” /affinity 0x0000000000FC0000 “d:\MSFS Projects\Motion Simulator\FlyPT Mover\Roman Rig MSFS.Mover”
start “” “C:\Program Files\Process Lasso\ProcessLasso.exe”
echo Enjoy your flight!
timeout 60
exit

1 Like

Thanks for your answer

I edited the list to show where I clipped a lot of processes and services that I list to kill - those depend on a particular system. Make sure to kill all light-controlling services, those are known to cause stutters, and Precision X1 if you are using it, after a while so it can load the OC settings before being killed. And I kill all the things that are not relevant to the sim, as much as possible, just in case.

Just caught this and to be quite honest amazing everything is crystal clear. The reverb g2 seemed very rift ish always having to look twice at the gauges. No more like i just got a better headset for free. Thank You Very Much

1 Like

Absolutely not playable for me with OXR50/TAA200, much clarity but a slideshow with 1 second per frame :smiley:
I am staying with OXR75/TAA75 on my rtx3070/i5-10k4

Try TAA50 Oxr200. I find the scenery much clearer than even 100/100 and higher fps than TAA100 OXR70

1 Like