OpenXR:200% MSFS render scale:50% = incredible clarity and smoothness on G2

Sorry !! Made a typo - I tried OXR200 and TAA50, instead of OXR50/TAA200

1 Like

Your OXR75 and TAA75 have roughly 56% of native resolution, so you should aim in TAA50 and OXR 90 to keep the same proportion/effect. But it might not be nice graphics as 50/200. Whole deal with 50/200 is that you still make almost 100/100 but with better performance. So sorry, but it seems that your GPU is too weak for that :frowning:

Tried OXR 200 and TAA 70 with my RTX 3090 and i9 10900k. The results are surprisingly good even if there is some stutter (not too many). Itā€™s late here in NorCal but I will try other settings tomorrow to optimize.

Yesterday I changed a few parameters in Nvidia CP and for the first time my dev mode FPS counter was showing consistently green. With this I did a few tests using the Everest discovery flight. These are with a 5950x, 3090 and 64gb.

TAA / OXR rps

100 / 100: 32

80 / 100: 42

100 / 80: 36

50 / 200: 40

Personally I prefer the crisp exterior of 50 / 200 to that of 80 / 100 although itā€™s not a huge difference.

I then used 50 / 200 at the Toyko discovery flight and was getting 32 fps, again all green.

I use discovery flights as they are consistent plus they are quick to load up. I took the Hawk up to FL180 above with clear default weather over Germany to check and was getting 45 fps. I can now thankfully put away motion reprojection!

If anyone is interested the NCP settings I changed were:

3 Likes

Hold on, is that @Ramasurinen ?! I used to love your videos you made back in the FSX days! Especially Vectors, Vantage and Courchevel! They are some of my earliest favourites in my Youtube collection (and theyā€™re still on my playlist!).
I remember downloading Vectors as an MP4 video to save and play on my phone back when I was a kid at school. I was gutted when you stopped posting (that was around 12 years ago now!). So happy to see youā€™re still around - hope youā€™re doing well, whatever youā€™re doing!

Hi Rob. Thank you very much for the kind words! Iā€™m so glad you enjoyed them. Yup, that was me. Those videos were a ton of fun (and work) to make. Man, that feels like a lifetime ago now! The 320x240 original youtube resolution hasnā€™t aged too well though, hehe. Iā€™ve been meaning for years to re-upload them in better quality, but have just never seemed to have any spare time.

As for what Iā€™ve been up to lately, you can actually see that on the 18th (Reno L-39 Albatros). I worked on the airframe and the base cockpit models for it, as well as some other aspects.

Cheers!

I may be missing something seeing the hundreds of various posts concerning OpenXR for many months. But having tried it many many times, it just seems that the Sim works best without it even being used. I am very curious if I am alone in this thought. I do run a nice system, 3080, 32g fast ram.

You mean OpenXR Dev Tools, not OpenXR. OpenXR is used whether you like it or not by MSFS 2020 to communicate with whatever VR software you are using, whether it is WMR, SteamVR or Oculus.

1 Like

Your settings are the bomb! Thanks a bunch for sharing. Smooth flight and good clarity. G2 I9 10900k, 3090.

Got to get that Varjo now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The smoothest flight Iā€™ve ever had!!!10900k Rtx 3090 reverb g2 32gb ram 105 OXR 100TAA

1 Like

Wow, glad to have helped and pleased it wasnā€™t just me. I think these settings were mentioned by @CptLucky8 with his G2 settings guide so I canā€™t take any credit. Iā€™ve probably gone full circle adjusting every setting but itā€™s interesting to see how positive an effect these ones have with the latest sim update and Nvidia drivers. Itā€™s the smoothest Iā€™ve ever had and think I gained a few fps too.

1 Like

Edit - sorry, answered my own question :slight_smile:

What tool are you using to do that?

I have tested with the 50/200 configuration and the cockpit instruments are completely unreadable

1 Like

Try to test 70/200, performance is similar to 100/100, but clarity on cockpit seems better.

1 Like

I have an AMD graphics card so I use the AMD Radeon software. It has the ā€œradeon chillā€ feature. I now use 30 fps cap so set 30 in the ā€œminā€ value and 45 in the "max value. Essentially the game runs at the min setting.

1 Like

I tried the OXR 200 / TAA 50 and I do feel the clarity was better inside and outside, with smoother frames and perhaps a few more FPS as well. Really weird how this seems to work for some folks. Iā€™m on an i9 10900k and rtx3090. Iā€™ll keep using this for a while longer to keep assessing it.

OXR 200 TAA 50 works perfect for me. Only in complex planes (A320 NX,ā€¦) I change back to OXR 100 TAA 80 to avoid stutters. 3070, I7 9700K, 64G Ram. Since yesterday, windows 11 is running on my rig without issues. :smiley:

Just by curiosity, what resolution are you using in the PC part? I am running a 4k monitor and itā€™s like a slide show for me. I have a G2 I9 10900K as well, and a 3080 with 32GB 3600Mhz RAM.

Iā€™m wondering if everyone having great performance is running the game in 1440P or 1080P or something.

My PC settings are ultra and 4k. Iā€™ve tried 1080p and low PC settings whilst in VR doesnā€™t seem to make any difference.