OpenXR adjustments are they the same as those in the OpenXR Toolkit

I use Oculus Quest 2, I have the OpenXR runtime set for both SteamVR and Oculus Dash.

I read about people with the G2 adjusting OpenXR. Is this the same as the OpenXR tool kit or do G2 users get access to another control panel?

Thanks all.

You should post this in the official OpenXR Toolkit thread instead of create a new one IMHO:

1 Like

Thank you but I’ve got the toolkit and use it. The question is: Is this user created tool kit the same OpenXR that G2 users are told to adjust? From all the reading I’ve done I have confused myself to the point where I can only assume those using MMR get access to an OpenXR dashboard that allows them to set scale.

Hence the question, are they one and the same thing??

WMR has it’s own version of OpenXR. Out of the box, there’s no way to adjust OpenXR parameters. However in the Windows App store there’s a Microsoft app called “OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality” that you can install. Here’s a screenshot. You can see with this app you can directly adjust a few parameters about OpenXR without having the 3rd party Toolkit installed.

OP is on Oculus, so this is not applicable to them! It won’t do anything, WMR = HP Reverb, Samsung Odyssey, etc.

On Oculus, you can use something like Oculus Tray Tool to tweak some parameters. OpenXR will honor most of them.

Agreed but he was asking about how G2 headset owners adjust things so I gave the answer.

Understood, I wanted to clarify what “WMR” means (and how it’s not applicable) because there is always a lot of confusion around it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this, I thought I was going mad but this is what people must have been referring to all along. Yes as you say I am on Oculus and as I understand can’t use this tool anyway. I will stick with OpenXR toolkit. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.