OpenXR NIS upscaling software - Release thread

I’ll throw a big warning for WMR users before they purchase: This fpsVR won’t work for you if you are using WMR OpenXR runtime. Only SteamVR runtime.

6 Likes

RE: making a Discord server

I’m very new to this and need guidance. Should I use one of the Discord templates and if so which one?

Thats sounds good! Good luck with it. Thank you!

Soooo much more work than DX11.

1 Like

Where do I find the “preview” setting?

This tool makes me think that I’ve bought a new VR headset, thank you for making this tool, original poster!

4 Likes

Quick question Matthieu, would it at all be possible to have a hot key assignment set for the changing of motion reprojection modes on the fly. Just asking as it would be nice to assign a joystick button to just toggle MR on or off on the fly. Sorry, I know this is off topic but I just had to ask. Many thanks.

You are a GOD! :pray:

4 Likes

I don’t have a similar system but I thought the same thing (Quest 2, tried Airlink and cabled).

It appeared as though everything had a very definite outline around it, no matter what I set the tool’s values to. I also tried various changes with the usual suspects (ODT, sim settings, Quest settings, etc).

I suspect that I may have missed something in the instructions, so I’m going to give it a try from the start again and also test with a Rift S.

I have the exact specs and haven’t had any luck. Trying your settings tonight - I’m excited about it.

Would you mind letting me know the order in which you open all the apps? For example, start OTT first, then Oculus, then scaler, then sim, etc.

This is not possible without some serious changes to the WMR runtime itself. Only speaking for WMR as I don’t know how others do it, but Motion reprojection requires some special resources and that decision has to be made when the game initializes OpenXR. It might be possible through some hack to temporarily disable it once initialized, however disabling it would not be the same as turning it off entirely, and having it disabled would not yield the same performance as turning it off (so probably not satisfactory).

FREE and works for everybody

6 Likes

I’m getting what seems like somewhat of an outline, and lots of shimmering with Q2 and a 3080. 80/50 config settings.

Any Q2 users have fixes for this? Performance seems great. It’s the visual artifacts I’m struggling with. It is hard to tell how much sharpness has improved as a result. When Oculus released Link Sharpening it was night and day obvious and I was expecting something similar but even sharper. Do I need to reset my expectations? Or are others seeing different results.

Perhaps try the UserCfg.opt trick:

1 Like

Great news! I kid you not - I stopped flying for now, because I tasted the hand tracking magic. Without it it feels like a lot is missing. I will fly again when it’s working properly, or to test the next NIS version anyway.

I also wanted to offer help with the icon/logo, but somebody beat me to it. It’s soo cool people are connecting to this project and help make it great!

FSR looked better to me in Elite Dangerous, in terms of aliasing, so it would be interesting to compare them.

1 Like

I just tried both settings and the rhythmic stutter didn’t change. I’m unsure what has caused it, but will keep trying a few things

But using it, some times Joystick and throttle doesent work. Same bug that with every extra toolbar window used: aircraft not responding to users controls.

make sure your mouse is not hovering over the open window (map, atc, fps-window, etc) then it will work fine just gotta remember to move the mouse out of the area, its tricky but it works

OK, thanks for replying anyway.

It’s under the Developer Settings tab: Use latest preview OpenXR runtime. You can set this on or off. I have it on, but it may not be necessary for the NIS tool to do its thing.