OpenXR Toolkit RTX 3090 share your experience!

Running a Reverb G2 revised driven by a evga ftx 3080 ti ftw3. Here’s a link to my setting in another topic. Getting 40 fps, with short dips in the high 30s over dense metropolitan areas using these settings. I’ve since revised my OpenXR toolkit FSR settings to 84% scale, 66% sharpening to retain that FPS with a tiny bit better clarity.

With all the time wasted…oops I meant experimenting…with settings, I found that the #1 maker of best VR picture quality is…TA DA…the in-sim Render Scale’s effective resolution: the higher the better. Nothing bests that, though the FSR sharpening help a lot. I’ve seen a bit of what I consider unnecessary multiply placed scaling settings that seem to work, but behind most of them are a high in-sim Render Scale effective resolution. There is no escaping this fact, and unfortunately the higher the in-sim Render Scale, the lower the FPS. I got to have my 40 fps in VR so I take what I can get. I’m happy for those who can tolerate (or have modded their models to get around some of) the side effects of reprojection. Believe me I’ve tried it and for my tastes I really can’t handle any of its distortions, and I really don’t need to zoom around at tree and roof top level (at least not very often) so I’m content without using reprojection.