OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

As asked, here are my MSFS setting for using my HP Reverb G2, using 100% in-game scaling

Nvidia driver settings: 40 max fps, low latency mode on, power management prefer max. OXR at 100% scaling.

Running my i7 10700k at 4.9 Ghz all core, 2x16 GB DDR at 4000 16-17-17-36, feeding an evga rtx 3080 ti ftw3 ultra in overclock mode.

As mentioned, running OpenXR_toolkit FSR 90% sharpening at 80% scaling and 85% world scale.

I get a near solid 40 fps with the above. The only time it dips occasionally and temporarily into the upper 30’s is when over metropolitan areas. All my flying is below 15k ft.

I have to recant my claim about no AA/shimmering of building and trees. On my climb out right after takeoff, there is a band of distant ground objects seen at about a 10 to 30 degree aspect angle that are a shimmering mess as I climb. Once the above that aspect angle everything clears up, including all ground objects for as far as I can see. BTW, I have excellent vision and hate jaggies with a passion. VR has been an exercise in visual clarity compromises for me; I’ve come to the place where the VR “whole” experience is DEFINITELY much better than the sum of its parts.

Really looking forward to when (if?) MSFS implements DLSS for VR. That will be a grand day indeed!

Mods, please excuse my indulgence with this post.

1 Like