OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

We’ve looked a this together before (and you sent me some data from your performance overlay), and the observations were as follows:

• The overhead of the OpenXR Toolkit was well under 2ms/frame, which is the same range that we’ve observed ourselves and with many other users. No issue there.

• Your App GPU timing is the value that was jumping up and down. As the name indicates, this is the workload from the App, meaning FS2020. We have no real control over that. The App GPU is a function of:

• Your resolution (which you can tweak with upscaling indeed, but it does not change dynamically, so there is “fluctuating” here)
    • Your game level of details / graphic options, we have 0 control over that
    • I will not talk about the impact of the Fixed Foveated Rendering since you have been having the issue without it anyway.

It’s really not clear what in the OpenXR Toolkit could affect the App GPU in the middle of the experience.

However, I am getting more and more confused by the very poor problem descriptions you keep giving and your constant going back on your very own statements:

1. Back two weeks ago, you described it as happening randomly in the middle of flight
  2. Today, you claim that it happens as soon as you enter VR

So which one is it?

1. Back two weeks ago you claimed that “my problem of dropped framerates is definitely nothing to do with the NIS tool”, and “no other programs installed apart from what comes with windows”.
  2. Today, you claim that uninstalling it magically solves the problem.

So which one is it?

I’m at the point where I cannot help you, you have produced evidence (the overlay numbers) showing that the OpenXR Toolkit works as intended, and you have confused everyone with your nearly daily change of minds as to what works and what does not work.

On top of that, many of your messages are written with a negative tone, and I honestly have no interest in helping you anymore.

I will give you one more link to check out, as I believe this has helped many people already:

However, I am afraid that the technical level on that other thread is too much for you based on your previous statements.

I will quote another reply you got today:

EDIT: To be clear, this reply isn’t about “you don’t want to hear this”. You can go check the history of his thread, and several individuals have either 1) reported issues and after some back and forth we resolved them and 2) reported they did not like the tool and uninstalled it. We’ve listened every time. In the end, my goal is here to make people happy with the game, and I think my team and I have done just that, regardless of whether you choose or not to use the tool. The real issue I have here is with the tone in several of your messages (including that one, and the whole “computer genius” thing, only to cite a few).

16 Likes