OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

Just installed after removing previous version, no issues, Windows 11

In lieu of a response from Matt, I’d suggest trying a couple of the things from the troubleshooting page…

Namely, Installing Missing Visual C++ system components

Did you have a previous version installed and working prior to attempting this install and seeing this error?

For a reason, in my windows feature list, NET framework 3.5 was disabled…?
All is fixed now, sorry for the confusion, I removed my other post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it mysteriously? disabled too in a W11 recent fresh installation…, what is that for in Toolkit?

And do you have the same issue I had with the installation giving an error?

Thanks for figuring it out and leave the message for others please!

The desktop companion app is written in C# so it does need .NET Framework. So that issue makes sense.

2 Likes

I am with the 1.1.0 still, no issue by the moment, I had Net Framework 4.8 enabled, I don´t know if that helps.

<x:…>\companion dump or companion <<whatever something>>
lists the command line options

You need to either specify and app name or you need to have an app running already.

New version working great here, thank you!

Loving the zoom function :+1:t2:

Hi guys:
I have just got a terrible result after installing the latest version which is version 1.1.2 and my FPS drops to 16 from 46 even when flying over some small centers . I have checked all the settings of in-game and open tool and find that nothing has been altered . Now MSFS 2020 becomes UN-flyable in VR.

Anyone has got similar problem? re-install the previous version ?

I’m testing now. I feel it was better than now… :innocent:

Works great here

I just updated to 1.1.2 and am getting a graphics issue with the overlay after displaying then turning the FPS counter off. After the menu overlay times out and disappears, where the entire menu overlay was showing is now all wobbly and wavy, similar to MR artifacting (and I have MR disabled). If I go out of VR and back into it, the wobbling disappears, but if I turn the FPS view on and off again the wobbling returns.

Edit: Just to add, I switched back to 1.1.0 and the issue goes away.

Edit2: Not OK, G2, MR off.

4 Likes

Having the same issues, I don’t go in the menus or I get that wobbly and wavy contour of the menus…

reverb G2 , rtx 3080, no motion reprojection… tried on and off, same behavior.

Same issue here

I’m raising my hand to report the same phenomenon. It’s like a little warp in MSFS spacetime caused by invoking and then closing the in-game OpenXR Toolkit interface.
Edit: using a G2 w a 3090, no MR.

Exactly same issue for me with the latest version. I reverted back to 1.1.0 and everything works great again.

Works fine for me just tried in with my Varjo Aero and PMDG737…

Same for me, once the menu is gone, the weird effect is there. If I exit out of VR and back in again it’s gone until the menu is opened and closed again. Only appears in the right lens for me.

Reverb G2 MR off in both.