OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

I tried SU10 day one without the OpenXR toolkit and was really disappointed with initial results. It’s only when I heard that most of the toolkit was unaffected by SU10, I tried it with FFR and re-enabled sharpening in my user config file to find good results with some tweeking.

Wow, I’m going to give FSR a shot again. I have made numerous tweaks since the last time I tried.

Edit: still can’t use FSR. I get a horizontal stutter when I move my head.

Back into the rabbit hole!

2 Likes

I get horizontal stutter whilst moving my head too! Mainly flying over cities……really annoying (I’m using Reverb G2).

If you find a fix for this, I’d be keen to try it.

1 Like

Either add FSR or down ‘resolution’ (that other tab)?

It feels like you either have Motion Reprojection or HAGS enabled.

Have neither enabled…

Hi Everyone-

I am running an i9 10900K, 3090 GPU along with a Varjo Aero VR headset. I have correctly installed OpenXR toolkit along with the OpenXR for WMR app as well. However, once I am in MSFS 2020, the menu doesnt pop up after pressing CTRL+F2. I also tried CTRL+F1+F2+F3 to reset the controls but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this issue before where the OpenXR toolkit menu would not open once in MSFS 2020? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

Just to clarify, you are in VR when you are clicking CTRL F2? You only said you were in MSFS, not VR.

Also, did you enable to the tookkit in the toolkit app?

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

1 Like

Make sure you have the Open XR Toolkit Companion app running, or the in game pop up window wont open.

That’s not correct. The desktop Companion app does not need to run.

Hmmm… I’ve had to had that open (minimized anyway) or the in game pop-up doesn’t work. The settings all work regardless… maybe I will check again.

Yes, I am sure to switch to VR mode before trying to pull the menu up with CTRL+F2. I will need to check to see which DirectX version I am using. I want to say 11 but will check to confirm. When I open the OpenXR companion, it states that the app is active. I also make sure to have OpenXR enable within the Varjo base app as well.

Running Direct 12 also.

On Varjo, the menu doesn’t display when using DX12. This is an unexplained bug that I’m working with Varjo to resolve. It’s working on all other devices, just not on Varjo :confused:

Ah ok - it is worth it to just uninstall DirectX 12 and reinstall DirectX 11 or would it be the same result?

Same result

Well hopefully that can fix this quickly. How would we know when it’s addressed?

I just checked, and I was mistaken - the menu shows up fine… not sure why I thought otherwise…