OpenXR update today 109.2111.18007

There is an even newer update than 109.2111.18007 available today, which fixes some more causes of CTDs. Look for version 109.2111.23003 in the app store library updates.

Just updated and had a quick flight using 109.2111.23003. My settings are everything high (pre-cache ultra) and LOD at 100/100, TAA100 OXR80. FPS capped at 30 in NCP.

MR ran extremely well, 22.5fps very low down and 30 everywhere else. The only stutters I’ve had were going through live weather aerosol above London, and even they were very infrequent. I’ve always found aerosol a big fps drain in high or ultra cloud setting.

The wobble is much improved, barely noticeable at 30fps and still acceptable at 22.5. I did notice having 4 pre-rendered frames gave a much better performance than 1 in NCP in this regard. Need to test this further.

With 3070 I must lower TAA to ca. 80 and OXR to ca. 70 to enable Motion Reprojection. This results in low quality of glass displays in the CRJ. So Motion Reprojection is not for me, probably you need stronger GPU to enjoy it.

How do you cap FPS in NCP? which option do you use? :slight_smile:

I just use the max frame rate and specify for msfs.

2 Likes

In another thread, there is a statement of an open XR dev about the new versions:

I have both the Reverb and the Quest2. With the Quest2, there is an actual Oculus Tray Tool setting for 18Hz which seems all that I can manage with my system with Oculus ASW (MR-like) doing a one-fifth of 90Hz rate - which stays locked at that even if it could do 22.5 or 30. I want to get the same (as much as possible ) with the Reverb so I don’t think there is an actual WMR setting, is there ? So I should just NCP or Riva-Tuner cap at 24fps or so, correct? It seems to be very important to get a very constant down-count rate in order to get smooth motion reprojection.
Also, what should be the Nvidia control panel settings for Triple Buff, Vertical Sync, VR Prerend frames,

Perhaps I am jumping the gun here: I have enabled “Use latest preview OpenXR runtime” in the “Developer Settings” tab. Right now as of Nov 24 at 5:00 PM EST - my OPenXR driver is at 109.2111.18007…I am hearing there is a later one than this out…“203” If that is the case then how do I get this manually installed without waiting for the automatic update?

Go to the MS store and lower left there is a library icon, click on that and select updates, the new OpenXR will appear at the top of the page to be updated manually.

23003 gain some needed FPS. Works fine . OXR 90 RS 75. Mixed settings hi & med, 58 FPS Average. With the G38 & TBM.

If you could tell me where to download 23003 - that would be appreciated!..Thanks.

In my system it got loaded automatically, however go to microsoft store, click on library, you shall see it there, download, reboot & you are ready to go. Good luck.

Jay

Got some FPS back that were lost in SU7, but there is still way more stutter that it was before SU7.

I tried Open XR developer but I see som sort of lagging close to the ground. If someting is loading from a disk like in a waveform.
Very annoying….
I run an i11700 with an 3080 so should work.
Oh with HP reverb G2
Could not get it to work well.
Now I run with Steam VR as Runtime and the problem of stuttering or laggings is gone.
Not so happy with Open XR
Just sharing

Silky smooth here…
G2, RTX3070,497.09 default, Res 70/100, mostly high settings, 60Hz, motion rep. ON, 20fps locked (C152, Tokyo).
CPU/GPU frametimes are red but it is still smooth. Love it!

When you Hz is 60, will motion reprojextion triple your 20fps to 60?

I will try your settings, but those artifacts annouys me on the ground. I got stable 40fps without reprojection atm.

Yes. In 60Hz you can even go as low as 15fps and reprojection still kicks in (15x4=60) but the artifacts are then clearily visible.
At 20fps, if not the propellers I wouldn’t even bother as they’re barely visible in normal flying with the latest OpenXR updates.

i have disabled my propellers (edited those .dds files to be transparent) and did remove also window scratches. Disabling propellers remove artifacts and give some FPS. Allways had give, there is propeller mod in flightsim.to thad make propeller more fps friendly (for Asobo´s planes only).

I will have to investigate it a bit more as the flightsim.to mods are limited and don’t always work as they should…