Opportunity to give back addons and get our money back (refunds)

After so many scam addons we need the opportunity to get our money back. This would also give the developers motivation to make better products.

We need a simple and quick way, directly in game. Just like in “Fortnite”, as an example.

For completeness I am including here a link to the official statement on refunds for purchases made in the marketplace:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015885580-Refund-Cancellations-

4 Likes

this has been discussed and proposed many many times before so I suggest using search:
But the gist of it is:

1. refunds are generally possible but difficult. IMHO it’s not worth the hassle.
  2. just because a product is badly made, it is not necessarily a scam. So far I have seen no real scam products. However I have seen several pretty bad ones. But making a bad overpriced product is not a scam.
  3. many of the controversial products (Bredok3D 737, CS 777, VirtualCol EMB 175 etc) are hugely popular both among buyers and modders. So there seems to be a market for badly made jetliners
  4. Microsoft, Simmarket or FlightSim.com just provide a platform to sell products. So it’s not their job to refund you something you don’t like. Also software is difficult to control. As soon as you install it there’s currently no way to check whether a customer actually stops using it. That leaves companies totally open to fraud.
  5. people like BostonJeremy do reviews of the products. So there’s no need to cry foul for customers. Customers have duties as well and one of them is to check with the community and read the reviews to be able to make an informed decision before buying. People do the same thing for all other kinds of products. Buying something blind and just assuming it’s good is naive IMHO.
9 Likes

Waiting a day or two for someone to create a video of the product is all that’s needed.

Regarding third party purchases from outside the MP, if it were me I would ensure my purchase was on a credit card, and if the company refused a refund you request the bank perform a charge back.

Things can get pretty ugly with these. I seem to recall a user doing this to Valve, and they got their money back but they locked out their entire account.

With a small website, there is far less risk.

I’m unsure as to how digital purchases fit in to this though.

4 Likes

Totally agree. I mean it a basic consumer right in many countries that you have the right to return products below standards or that you don’t like within a reasonable period.

I’d personally say steams 14 day or 2 hours use policy is good. Why we can’t get a refund button that gives us the refund that once the log book recognises 2 hours of flight the refund button disappears, ideally with a warning 5 minutes before letting you know. The only plane I own I would want a refund, had I not got free in sale, the Eurofighter and honestly, that quality should be refunded to people who pay

An alternative option is to leave money on the deposit for the next purchase.

1 Like

Is this not called mind reading? Or the ability to know ones heart/intentions?

If we just make a blanket statement like this and make this a rule of thumb, scammers will take advantage. Companies that never scammed before will see the profit in starting to scam a little and more and more.

Making bad and over priced products can be considered a scam, unless we are able to know everything in the heart and mind of the developer to verify otherwise. I mean is not making something bad a deliberate action, and is not overpricing something a deliberate action?

Yes but scammers can develop a network of people to do reviews too. This is easier today with the “no negativity political correctness” foolishness these days. This stuff is defended in most forums and businesses.

So consumer rights are slowly (going to be quickly gone) slipping away and scammers rights are increasing, or how can one say ‘making a bad overpriced product is not a scam’?.

The love of money is humanity’s undoing.

5 Likes

Either that or the possibility to have some sort of free trial. You can download it for one or two hours then in order to continue using it you will be promoted to buy it.

1 Like

PMS5 does that with the premium version of their GTN750 addon.
They give you a code that is active only on one Thursday. Then it expires.

I wish they’d allow the code on ANY day - for one day. I can’t fly on Thursdays (for reasons…)

I’m all for this. It’s easy enough for them to disable mods you purchased in the store. There’s so much video game level trash being churned out these days targeting the crowd that flies in external view.

2 Likes