Option to remove / uninstall default aircraft

The TBM 930 and Cessna 152 cannot be removed/uninstall like other aircraft in the Content Manager.
Fine aircraft and models they may be, but that’s not my area of interest which is: H135, T-45C, A5, A32NX, B748, CJ4 and King Air 350 (in that order at the moment).

Not being able to remove/unistall/hide these aircraft is a significant frustration to me (and others) and “polutes” the Aircraft Selection list. Please ensure there is a way to see the aircraft I want to see and not see that which I do not and will never use. This can be remove/uninstall or hide option or a favorites list.

You should note that certain aircrafts and models you listed including the H135, T-45C and A32nx are all mods and are not part of the default MSFS packages. They can be removed from the community folder.

As for other aircrafts that come in with the sim, I’ve seen people who had them removed suffer CTDs and instabilities as these planes were used in multiplayer to show other players. Simply be aware that this integration may make it more difficult than just allowing the removal of those planes.

I don’t think it’s a huge issue that you can remove all planes except two, but at the same time this should be a personal choice, so it gets my vote. If the required planes for an activity, like the training, are removed simply grey out those activities. Even better, if the activity is clicked on, explain to the user why, and prompt to re-download the plane if the user wishes.

2 Likes

Not being able to uninstall the Pitts is not a bug but something which belongs in a Wishlist?
Removing the Pitts will cause CTD’s?

Should be able to remove them.

We DONT want to see in Hangar planes we DONT Want. Why is that so difficult?

Who flies biplanes? 0,00000000000001% of pilots

Who flly military jets? only military people

Who fly Racing planes? 0,0000000001% pilots

4 Likes

Indeed…

1 Like

This is one of the most frustrating things about this game. I do hope they update this.

I want just 2 planes in my hangar - the Asobo C208 Caravan and Asosbo A320neo.

I want to get rid of all the others but its impossible to do so.

2 Likes

Indeed… And he most astonishing thing is that some of the planes that are impossible to
uninstall are not used in any tutorials or activities (Pitts etc…).
Once again, another of those inexplicable “Asobo” issues…

1 Like

I was thinking about this yesterday. Is it possible to remove them, not really interested in the Pitts etc…

No, it is not possible to uninstall some aircraft , among them the Pitts.
Not even manually it works. If you delete the folder with the Pitts or others,
then the next time you start MSFS it gets reinstalled. No way to avoid it.
Utterly absurd…

1 Like

If there is a reason why they can’t be removed, fair enough. So why not just let you hide them from the plane picker?

1 Like

Fair enough, if Asobo would explain said reason.
But yes, hiding them from the plane picker would be
at least an option…

I wonder if you could munge the manifest.json file, in such a way that the sim doesn’t detect it has been removed, but enough to cause it to not be shown because it doesn’t match a known type of plane?

For instance, changing the following line in manifest.json, to anything other than “AIRCRAFT”:

"content_type": "AIRCRAFT",

Perhaps that would make the plane disappear from “My Content”, as well as the plane picker, but maybe not enough of a change to be detected as missing, and force an update of that one file?

Nice effort, but it should be Asobo’s task to do so…

True, but I love to tinker just as much as I love to fly. :slight_smile:

Is there a list of planes that we know cannot be removed without the sim forcing their re-installation? The only ones I know of are the 152, and the TBM.

So, interestingly the 152 remains even if I change its type to “SCENERY”. :slight_smile:

Well, I can understand that the 152 remains, as it is used in the training, etc. But why in this earth can’t we uninstall the pitts?

And the payware planes so called “House Colors” in pmdg or LSH Leonardo MD-80

I dont want fake repaints that dont exist in real life. Besides I only fly airlines from my country or ones that I flew for real.

Why I am forced to see in the Hangar preview a plane that doesnt exist and never existed?

More so if you paid, you should be able to chose which livery appears

A “set as default livery” would be nice. As well as aircraft specific customization I hate having to change call-sign and whatnot per plane.

I dont think that your estimations of how many people fly military or biplanes are correct.

What is your problem, if you dont like the cessna 152 ignore it.

It would have been way smarter to suggest a favourite menue which only shows your marked planes.

But complaining about planes you just dont like as well as about these ignorant Asobo guys who dont satisfy you by enabling you to completely and for ever after uninstalling and getting rid of any of these annoying features you did not ask them for personally sounds like childish for me.

I mean youre right, who do the Asobo guys think you are by disturbing you with planes you dont like, they should have known better - i mean, surely they asked you in advance which planes shound be integrated in your personal new flight sim - and then didnt care for. Unbelievable…

I like biplanes as well as military jets. That torpedates your numbers at all…

But a planes favourite list would be nice.

2 Likes