Options menu disappeared

In my case during initial installation I have named “FS2020” the folder where are located my Official & Community folders. Each user can decide which name to give it so you must have it but with another name. Search for “Official” folder and under it you’ll find the “OneStore” folder.

Yes, I got it now. So I rename and move the fs-base folder?

Yes, rename, move it somewhere else on your computer and restart the sim. File will be downloaded again.

Download in progress, I’ll report back with the result. Thanks!

1 Like

Yep! Seems to have done the job all right! Thanks a lot! I guess I can just delete the backup fs-base folder?

1 Like

Great that it worked ! :slight_smile: . You can delete the backup folder or keep it a couple of days just in case, it is up to you.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

MOD EDIT: post translated to english, as per Code of Conduct - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums, posts in this category must be in english

HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
After loading the simulator I cannot use the options menu as well as the profile menu and user interface elements in the main menu.
The world map appears different from the photo already posted.
The problem started when I updated to version 1.37.18.0 three days ago.

HO LO STESSO PROBLEMA.
Dopo aver caricato il simulatore non posso utilizzare il menù opzioni così come il menu del profilo e gli elementi dell’interfaccia utente nel menu principale.
La mappa del mondo appare diversa come dalla foto già postata.
Il problema è iniziato quando ho aggiornato alla versione 1.37.18.0 eseguita tre giorni fà.

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

NO

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’d like to confirm if everyon affect above is on Steam specifically?

Also, can you confirm if you were in the SU15 Beta?

Thanks!

I have the same issue, pink checker on planes and no option menu available, just have made the autoupdate- unable to play or fly.

…btw I also have tried a complete new installation tooks 7 hours to load the content and still the same issue, also tried to move the fs_base folder to be reinstalled by the updater, no success at all. FS was working great before this crap update appears, I wish I could go back, but don’t let me proceed without updating what’s a pain at all.

Are you Steam ? and were you on SU15B ?
Try that workaround to fix the issue:

I have downloaded from steam, and have done that procedure already,

I have removed the fs-base folder /user/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Packages/Official/Steam/

I don’t know what SU15B means, I have just made the regular update, at the game launch.

When you restarted the sim, did a new download of about 7GB started ?

Sim Update 15 Beta. Did you enroll to the Beta program that allows to test new MSFS versions prior they are officially released ?

I don’t think I have select any Beta Updates, where can I check that ? by removing the fs-base folder the download executes only around 200Mb, I’hv just double checked there was several fs-base-0.1.276.fspackages in the folder, I have now moved also these and re launched the game, it’s now loading around 7GB… will see how it ends. But it was also a pain to get even here by reinstalling the game completely as a lot of packages was stucking by decompressing, I had to close the updater several times to be completed.

I have exactly the same issue and I‘m on the microsoft store version and didn‘t participate in the SU15Beta. I already tried all the possible solutions above and nothing worked. Any other ideas?

Go to the Xbox Insider application and check if you have MSFS Beta under “Joined”:

I am under ms-store version so it may be different. In the fs-base folder I don’t have sub-folders like fs-base-0.1.276.fspackages but those folders/files:

Screenshot (862)

Just tried the safe mode and it worked perfectly. Restarted the sim normally and the bug is there again

So may have an addon conflict. Try to start the sim with your community folder empty. If no issue that means the addon causing the issue is in your community folder. If still an issue with your community folder empty, then you may have a marketplace addon that is causing a conflict.

1 Like

Started the sim with an empty community folder, still didn’t work and I have nothing installed via the marketplace…

There are many folders that start with “fs-base”. Have you deleted (or moved) only the one that says “fs-base” ?:
Screenshot (865)