Options menu disappeared

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When I load the sim, the options and profile menus have disappeared, as have several of the UI elements on the main menu such as the World Map picture, as well as the pictures for Activities and Flight Training.
This issue first started when I updated to 1.37.5.0 earlier this week. I have just exited the Beta to find the issue is still present with the SU14 version of the sim, and updating to 1.37.5.0 again does not fix the issue.
When I updated to 1.37.5.0 earlier in the week, the download kept restarting, it would get to 100% and then go back to 30%. I eventually closed the sim, and restarted it the next morning, but it did seem to have updated after all. Perhaps this has something to do with the issue? At any rate, I would quite like to find a solution as I would like to check some of my options!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

For me, all I have to do is open the sim, but I have not seen any other reports of this happening.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU
12GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Card
Windows 11
32GB of RAM
1 TB SSD and 4TB storage drive
Thrustmaster TCA sidestick Airbus Edition

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Could you try to start the sim in safe mode ?: for that, once in the sim, kill the msfs.exe from the Task Manager and next start you’ll have the safe mode option available.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Not sure if it’s the same, but similar?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Had it couple of times, that the 2nd tab at the top disappears in the main menu when closing the options menu.
Also had it that the selected menu tab doesn’t show its content and would just show background. This also happened while accessing menus in flight. It generally resolved itself when got to another menu and back. It also does not happen very frequently or reproducable.
Maybe I also was too impatient for it to load, not sure.

both during testing stuff but ont the beta generally dx12, i didn’t keep track of what was active at the time it occured

Are you using DLSS?

during testing, but not generally, didn’t track if it was active at the time

Hi. See this post. Basically I had to reinstall the whole lot. I had no MAVERICK/DUNE or Flight Training.
If you scroll to the bottom of the following link you’ll see my solution. Hope it help…

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for the help and suggestions! I did have to do a full reinstall in the end, which has fixed it. I reckon it was a corruption in the latest beta update that caused the issue. Had my Cessna 182 looking like this! All good now though

2 Likes

i have same problem … after last update i cant find options menu , profile and world map looks weird , can anyone help ?
GPU : RTX 4060 TI
CPU : Ryzen 7 5700X