Options menu disappeared

Hello @DrChapatinho,
Welcome to the forum!

See this post:

Thank you a million times!! This problem of being unable to access Options and Profile , plus purple/pink textures has now been solved by following your Fix.
I deleted fs-base from C:>Games>MSFS2020>Official>One store list of asobo aircraft, airports etc. Started msfs2020, and when the screen opened, there was an UPDATE of about 6.4GB which loaded quite quicklyā€¦then lo and behold, Options and Profile were available, and the strange texture colours had gone! THANK YOU

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Same problem, followed the vanilla reset procedure exactly
as they asked with no results. Tried other suggestions above with no results. Seems we all have one thing in common though, SU15. Is there a way to roll back or do we have to wait for a real fix with SU16.
Are you using DX11 or DX12?
Do not know, canā€™t get into the options.

Are you using DLSS?

Yes, on other games but not sure since the options are not working.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I couldnā€™t get it working so I deleted everything I could find related to Microsoft flight simulator or addons. Then I turned the computer off and threw the power switch to turn off the usb power. Rebooted and ran CC cleanerā€™s registry cleaner. It found a whole bunch of registry entries related to msfs and third party plugins. I deleted them all and rebooted. Ran CC cleaner again just to be sure I got it all. Then went into steam and installed msfs 2020. Itā€™ll take all night to come in. By removing a few things listed above I couldnā€™t get it to work nor could I get it to do a full reinstall. Also simply uninstalling msfs didnā€™t get all of the stuff in the hidden app data folder and that was preventing a complete reinstall. Itā€™s sill installing with all usb controllers unplugged. Iā€™ll hook those up one at a time if the option come back in the main menu. Iā€™ll report back later if this works.

YES YES YES, it worked.

1 Like