Options to Optimize Gaming Performance in Windows 11

did you at least see any kind of beneffit in MSFS ? :wink:

And whats the issue while you try to set it on again ?

Right? Gotta love Microsoft at times… makes me wonder who on earth is leading them/this team. They’re already turned OFF by default, so what’s the point of this article.

Speaking of Windows 11 users and MSFS – anyone else noticing a significant delay when exiting out of the sim? i.e. closing the sim by exiting to main menu? It’s now taking me 6+ mins just to get to the main menu.

As far as I know, VMP and HVCI are currently enabled on ready-to-run PCs from the OEM. It is deactivated for me, but I don’t have an OEM-PC either, I built my own. I have not seen an OEM-PC this year where it was disabled by default. Oh well, even Microsoft recommends OEMs to enable it. With a recent Windows 11 installation and appropriate system support, VMP and HVCI are enabled by default. See also:

Why Windows 11 has such strict hardware requirements, according to Microsoft | Ars Technica

Hypervisor-protected Code Integrity enablement | Microsoft Learn

1 Like

When I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn’t let me, something about drivers that I don’t understand.

wow… and you are sure it was former enabled ? You can not enable core isolation if there are “incompatible” drivers.

If it was enabled , then may be these super OS not recheck the preconditions if you install some what new . But now, as you try to enable it, it check your system ( you can see the list of which drivers it detects ).

At least… as I mentioned… dont worry about. I assume a lot, realy a lot of users have that disabled as exact same driver thing ( or simple Virt.Support in BIOS disabled ). If windows 11 enabled it and not recheck the preconditions , I will no longer wonder about some problems ( but , I not wonder in general about that beta OS :wink: ).

Yeah, it was on.

1 Like

if you realy want back that setting, you can only uninstall the related software ( logitech, what else ). But I assume thats not really what you want… and trust me, you can still good sleep, these so called security feature is nothing where the world depends on. Much more important is a basic understanding to not install software from unknown sources, and all that things :slight_smile:

Thanks MichaMMA, after looking at some clips, I have a better understanding of what I need to do if I want it enabled.

1 Like

chasing FPS and smoooothnes - it can be a zero sum game

Turning off SMT gives me 2 or 3 extra frames but with just eight threads I find it introduces fps drops in any 60fps recordings I make … and of course it doubles the rendering/compilation time for any editing I do. For me it’s generally not worth it but I have used it in 4k just to stay above 30fps in heavy areas (I usually fly in 2k).

I can tell you how I optimized MSFS in Windows 11.

I replaced Windows 11 with my verified backup of Windows 10.
Now, All is well again.

2 Likes

how I can give you 5 votes ? :rofl:

That was good enough right there…thank you, have a very nice weekend !

1 Like

The latest non insider W11 build works just perfect for me

Hey MichaMMA, I thought you might know about a driver I removed, & was able to turn " Memory Integrity" back on, called "OEM10.inf, but not sure how important the driver was, & can’t find it anywhere, to put it back. Things seem to be running alright though. I would appreciate any comment if you know, thanks

Instead of more FPS, for VR, I need more consistent frametimes ( less stutter ). I think that 22H2 made it somewhat worse.

I just checked with the latest W11 2h22 update, neither of these options were enabled through no action of mine.

1 Like

For me, one of the OEM drivers that was stopping me from enabling core isolation was a Logitech panel driver. I suspect that has been there since I used to fly in XP. I moved to SPAD in 2020.

I removed this driver with the PNPUtil.

In my case disabling HT on all core in the BIOS, I gain around 8\10 FPS

Windows 10, Latest NVIDIA driver.
MSFS: DX12, DLSS balanced, LOD 200
CPU: Core i7-9800X Skylake X 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 2066 165W
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2 LGA2066

1 Like