Options to Optimize Gaming Performance in Windows 11

Hey MichaMMA, I thought you might know about a driver I removed, & was able to turn " Memory Integrity" back on, called "OEM10.inf, but not sure how important the driver was, & can’t find it anywhere, to put it back. Things seem to be running alright though. I would appreciate any comment if you know, thanks

Instead of more FPS, for VR, I need more consistent frametimes ( less stutter ). I think that 22H2 made it somewhat worse.

I just checked with the latest W11 2h22 update, neither of these options were enabled through no action of mine.

1 Like

For me, one of the OEM drivers that was stopping me from enabling core isolation was a Logitech panel driver. I suspect that has been there since I used to fly in XP. I moved to SPAD in 2020.

I removed this driver with the PNPUtil.

In my case disabling HT on all core in the BIOS, I gain around 8\10 FPS

Windows 10, Latest NVIDIA driver.
MSFS: DX12, DLSS balanced, LOD 200
CPU: Core i7-9800X Skylake X 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 2066 165W
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2 LGA2066

1 Like

does it give you a “path” to that file ? It is a general inf file and can come from somewhat ( as @hobanagerik gave an example with logitech ).

1 Like

That was interesting because Oem10.inf, also known as a Setup Information file , was created by Panda Security for the development of Panda Free Antivirus 18.06. If your running that AV, maybe that is the cause of any difficulty you are having ?

1 Like

While things like video encoding that can make use of 16 threads will see an improvement with SMT, a doubling of speed seems unlikely. Usually it’s more on the order of 5-15%.

1 Like

For me it was closer to the 5% end of the scale.

1 Like

and , as mentioned, other tools / drivers :slight_smile:

As example, check folder c:\windows\inf where a file oem10.inf exist … in my case it is

I’am not 100% sure, but I think “in my case” it is a usb-firmware-updater for one of my sound-devices, and I assume its different for each other users installation. But may be I’am wrong here.

@TwinklyTangent4 but you can really check that folder and open the file with an editor. May be you get an idea what it possible is. At least you can check the file-date and compare it with the software-install-dates.

Can also try this:

the topic is about Windows Security and then such a tool :rofl:

I found it’s has to do USB serial support, & I’m not having any issues. I have a restore point so if I have problems I may use it. Thanks guys

1 Like

You don’t know much about windows, hey?
That’s ok. You can learn.

I’am here to learn from gurus like you :joy:

1 Like

I meant hypothetically of course but at least I feel the difference is more like 50-60%. However so far the drops I get recording @ 60fps are reason enough to keep SMT enabled (mostly).

PS I’m undecided so this attitude might change

Can’t say I noticed any performance gain with dx12 su10 with SMT off I did in early betas but I get a better spread of cpu load now with SMT on as I don’t see one core being hammered any more with it on.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard several reports that under SU10, DX12 is doing slightly better with SMT/HT enabled than disabled, which makes some sense given the threading model allows it to hop around more to whatever CPU is free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.