ORBX EGLC London city airport upgrade/downgrade

Last weekend I got an upgrade for my ORBX London city airport.
The reason was XBOX compatible!
The result is a great downgrade of the scenery in my opinion.
Bad night lighting. The static airplanes are disappeared and the inside terminal scenery looks for me very ugly
Why for me a XBOX version; MSFS runs on a PC for me.

5 Likes

I have the same feeling about the recent update. Why in the world would they remove the satitc planes?

1 Like

waiting…waiting…waiting for Xbox britain central … waiting waiting for london city pack for xbox…

After about 50 hours on FS20 on XBOX, i can say it runs very smoothly most of the time, with an occasional stutter. Places like London have some rendering problems , isle of dogs notably, notifying me of low bandwidth… yet my internet is 65 MBPS !! Server i guess.
It has crashed a few times, but that happens on PC i gather. Annoying, but part and parcel of a heavy load

I’d actually love to for all these evidently last-gen static planes to be removed. They really don’t hold up nowadays.

3 Likes

Well as long there is no good solution for ai traffic I think they bring some immersion to the sim. Also there are some airport specific (rare) planes which no ai traffic program will ever cover like historic planes (red bull DC-6 in salzburg), special missions (firefighting planes etc.) or military planes on civillian/military used airports. I wouldn’t want to miss them.

1 Like

They sure bring immersion when they’re good, like the ones used by Drzewiecki Design (even if they go way overboard). When they’re old models with terrible texturing like the ones used by most developers, I’d say they detract from immersion, at least for me.

1 Like

I agree, they have to be high quality. Drzewiecki Design does a great job with the static planes.

EGLC London City has had a NEW Taxiway now the full length of the runway for almost a year !!!

Why has no developer updated their scenery to show it ???

It’s even on the charts…

2 Likes

I’ve wondered about this too …

1 Like

I flew to Edinburgh from City over New Years and I noticed this too when I got home and jumped on flight sim. How do we raise it with developers of the add on?

Orbx EGLC V2 has just been released. No mention of free upgrade for existing owners. :neutral_face:

They’re offering a big discount for v1 owners - something like 73% off.

1 Like

Yep, a free upgrade would have been nicer, but this is an acceptable alternative.

1 Like

I bought my copy in in game marketplace (silly me). So no discount available there.
ps. haven’t seen their discount option. (not that I can use it).

They sent out a mail but it’s also at the bottom of the following post.

1 Like

Didn’t see that thanks. Went ahead and bought V2 this morning (no discount). First impressions: nice but no interiors apart from control tower? really? for a V2?? A railway, but no trains? In this day and age? This should have been a free upgrade IMO. Probably worth the upgrade cost though if you were lucky enough to have an Orbx bought copy already.

2 Likes

Because anything made for both Xbox and PC has to conform to the lowest common denominator, namely Xbox S, a platform with significantly less spec…

1 Like

They’re not offering a free upgrade its a pay upgrade i bet you anything we will see this more this willbe the new norm

1 Like

It was a full price upgrade for me having bought it on the marketplace previously. But yes it’s setting a worrying trend. First EIDW now EGLC. At least they have a discount for Orbx customers, but that is out the window if bought on internal game marketplace. Still can’t believe there are no interiors or train animations (that I saw in a brief visit this morning). Seems an over priced/over stated ‘V2’. At least the performance seems better than previous version.