ORBX Introducing MSFS Global Trees HD for Microsoft Flight Simulator

This is a complete replacement of the default vegetation with high quality tree models. Also MSFS Global Trees HD adds new regional vegetation models.

4 Likes

Nice. Will pick this up when released.

1 Like

Wonder how it will interact / or play nice with REX AccuSeasons which can alter the tree’s (Height, vegetation level, etc…)

1 Like

What be really awesome would if it could increase the draw distance of the trees like the mod we used to be able to have to extend the draw distance to the horizon.

With the new trees in MSFS 2024 this seems a bit redundant, unless you plan to stay on MSFS 2020.

5 Likes

From my experience with modding trees, I would expect it won’t work at all with REX AccuSeasons. It’s most likely either REX or ORBX.

I guess that’s why they release it know. I expect they had that in the making for quite a while and with the latest development updates they decided to release it in order to at least make some bucks with it until MSFS2024 is released.

3 Likes

Still no Saguaro cactus.

Hunting of the Snark (Lewis Carroll) : For the snark was a boojum, you see "!

If you drive south from San Diego down the main highway down through Baja, these things are everywhere and are spooky at night !

Boojum cactus in Baja California.

Baja California desert

Tropics

7 Likes

Agreed Guess we’ll see

It seems to basically be another seasons mod, with some grass thrown in for good measure. Given that seasons are going to be a thing in FS2024, such mods are probably redundant — certainly until we know how comprehensive FS2024’s effects are going to be.

1 Like

its released, and looks good. African forestry is a little bit repetitive, but otherwise its good

Happy flights,

Tero

Does it add grass to surfaces that previously didn’t have any? There are currently large areas that should have grass, but are only a flat surface with grass textures.

1 Like

i dont know, havent flown that low

In the first update, a lot of unique African vegetation will be added to Africa.

now, i tried helis, so it adds grass where there should be grass, not gravel ground etc. grass is only visible at very low height 50 feet or so, but when you land there is grass everywhere. Do somebody know, how to increase rendering distance of grass. i have grass, trees etc. on ultra and tlod 400 and olod 200.
In desert there is cacti everywhere, just like it should be there. 300 feet altitude i can see about 2 miles worth of cacti. Shrubs come into presense around 60 feet from ground.

Happy flights, low altitude, lol

Tero

1 Like

Rainforest looks convincing, some trees are 150 feet tall and others 30 feet. Palms are present.

I think this add-on will fall by the wayside because Microsoft flight simulator 2024 is going to have upgraded trees and other seasonal textures by default. This won’t be a purchase for me.

I would hold on for this. We dont know yet what 2024 brings us.