Orbx PAC 750 XSTOL

It’s a lovely ugly duckling! I love aircraft that are more about utility and ruggedness than about being pretty. That’s the PAC 750 in a nutshell!

Enjoying my first flight, even though I can’t seem to get the tablet working. I press the Home button but the display remains black.

EDIT: after restarting the flight the tablet worked. I also found a power button in the top left to switch it on and off. But not much to do with it, other than switching between measurement units, Ground Power On/Off and stock GPS vs. TDS GTNXi. Not the most useul or well designed tablet. Almost feels like a placeholder, I must say. I wish I could stow that quite useless thing, instead of having it in the cockpit the whole time.

Also, too bad about no visible cargo in the cargo version. Hopefully that will come in a future update

4 Likes

Well, the other interesting part of this plane was that it was a crop duster. The only other crop duster out there for MSFS is the BRSims one. Also, Orbx has said they will release a series of missions for this plane. So they have plans for further DLC for this plane, which means there will be further updates.

Looks like a super sweet plane. Definitely one I would like in my hangar, but want to wait to see what the consensus is before pulling the trigger.

Impressive video. Already looks like a fun package with great visuals and instruments. The sounds don’t sound very PT-6 like but I know Orbx said this is coming in the future. Looking forward to that plus the failure features. Not sure yet if I want to wait for those features to materialize before buying or if it looks worth it at the current price.

I think the consensus is that we are all waiting to see what the consensus is. It’s possible no-one will ever buy it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I bought it. Unfortunately I’m not much help as an icebreaker, because I’m always doing work for work. Tons of new and cool stuff this week I keep buying (F117, this, Searay, SoFly’s new landing challenges, KLAX, etc), guess someday when I am not busy, I’m going to have a lot to catch up with and try.

First flight: some switches, throttle axis and propeller axis did not work/do not move…
Second flight: all switches and axles worked - same problem as with the PC-12 from Carenado :wink:

Positive: nice to fly
Negative: C208B sound - this is really weak just using the sound from another plane…

1 Like

I took a look at the video review and the product page. Is it correct that the ag version doesn’t actually have visible “spraying” effect? Seems easy enough to implement, I wonder why it’s not included?

Porter does, as well as a skydiving option.

2 Likes

Did anyone get the inertial separator switch to work?

I bought it, I flew it, it is ok but nothing special imho, doubt I will fly it very often given all the other options I have.

I was really tempted, mostly due to the amazing pink livery, but at this price point, I kind of expect they don’t just reuse major stock assets like the soundpack. And the promise they’ll deliver that later isn’t really convincing - if your product isn’t finished, at least give me an early access discount.

3 Likes

Yes it works, but just like in the Kodiak it takes a while for the airflow to be diverted. It takes about 10-20 seconds (haven’t measured it) until the Engine Anti-Ice announciator light comes on after switching to Bypass.

Ok, thanks, is the switch animated for you,I can see the tooltip, but on clicking the switch doesn´t move.

“Orbx is already planning for the post-release too. The team promises to add further improvements and features to the package, including a custom PT-6 sound pack, failures, additional liveries, landing challenges, bush trips, and more.”

Yeah, it moves.

1 Like

Did you read my post above? :wink:

I’m not sure why but again with Orbx I got conflicting info. In the email I got it says £22.02. When I go to the Orbx app it’s nearly £27. :frowning:

1 Like

Prices with and without taxes, maybe?

I paid 29.84 EUR. The other prices listed in the Orbx Central Store were 29.14 USD, 26.26 GBP and 45.66 AUD. It also says “Includes VAT where applicable”. I’m shopping from Germany.

I made several flights and restarts and the inert sep switch just doesnt move