Orbx PAC 750 XSTOL

You wouldn’t happen to live somewhere with a 25% VAT shopping in a country where it isn’t mandatory to show all prices including VAT?

Even on US-based storefronts, it’s pretty rare to see Euro and GBP prices without appropriate VAT.

UK, so 20% and you’re right — they add this after. 22.02 + 20% = 26.42

1 Like

Fools me on Amazon every time.

The real plane is a little beast. I bought it already but only took a little test flight. Hopefully they will keep updating it. It has some potential to be something special.

1 Like

Here are some pics

5 Likes

It does look good, but I’ll think I’ll wait till these promised future updates materialise.

There have been a few releases like that recently, and either you’re waiting countless months for any update at all (looking at you, Milviz PC-6), or it doesn’t happen at all.

I’d rather buy the product based on what it is now, rather than what it might be promised to be in the future.

10 Likes

It was a lovely livery with the Maori designs, just a shame that company ( Sky Dive Taupo) went under due to covid, I think its now working as a crop duster…
I was working not far, the day when the original pink one crashed into Lake Taupo…

5 Likes

I did, and I still regret it. I’ve read good things about this one though.

1 Like

Can you alias to something like the Kodiak?

Here’s a link to the Pilot’s Operating Handbook for the PAC 750:
http://data.tmorris.net/aviation/poh/rsv/doc/other-poh/PacificAerospace-PAC750XL-POH.pdf

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of flights with it so far. It’s no Black Square Caravan but it shows promise. I don’t think I saw anything about CFD, and it’s not using the SU10 ground handling enhancements. Sound is basically a copy of the C208 files, even referenced in the file names.

It feels a little underpowered compared to the Caravan, more sluggish on climb out. It doesn’t seem to support the PMS50 750, only the TDS, which I don’t have. It’s switchable between the 430\530, and the TDS via the tablet, but I didn’t see PMS50 there.

In those flights I didn’t get anywhere hear the 195kts listed when choosing your aircraft.

One thing I didn’t like were the gauges for RPM, ITT and torque. Instead of gauges with needles, your have a digital readout, and a set of discrete LEDs around the perimeter of the gauge. It’s probably something you get used to but I found it tricky to determine the rate of change, leading to overshooting your target.

Taxiing at anything faster than a crawl makes turning sharply all but impossible, so be aware of that. This thing really likes to move, and being in low idle is essential. In combination with those dials, and leaving it in high idle, coupled with trying to taxi like the Caravan, I accelerated fast enough to drive straight through a terminal building instead of the 180 degree turn I wanted to make. :joy:

I also found the default seating position a little low. If you look behind you the seats look like they are made for infants. The head rest looks like it would be sitting at the bottom of my shoulder blades! Using my Tobii 5 I had to scooch down in my seat a bit when resetting my home position, so I could just make out the top of the nose.

If I was asked if I recommend it, if you already own the Black Square Caravan and/or the Milviz Porter, you already have two very nice single engine turboprops, and maybe this isn’t yet ready to be your third.

For me it was £26.

12 Likes

Absolutely spot on with your critiques. The model is beautiful, lots of features but with a little room for improvement.

1 Like

Here is a good external sound video for reference.

Thank you.

I added GTN750 support via my “GTN750 an Others” Mod.
If you install my mod and choose the TDS NXI option in the tablet you will see two GTN750 instead (if installed)

Kind Regards
JayDee

16 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me but the suspension seems too stiff. Anyone know if that’s accurate to real life?

Check out some Youtube videos. (1) pac 750 xstol aircraft - YouTube As being a STOL aircraft it would need a fairly firm suspension and also for landing on rough terrain like when using farmers grass airstrips for fertilizer spreading. This is an all-terrain utility aircraft, not a Lear Jet.

3 Likes

Certainly wasn’t insinuating it should handle like a Learjet, just seemed like on dirt strips the shock absorbers had very little travel making the plane especially bumpy. Maybe I’m being overly critical. Thanks for the answer, Trev.

1 Like

Cresco Turboprop in New Zealand is hard at work.

2 Likes