Order of the liveries

Hi, Is it possible to change the order of the liveries. If yes, how ?

thank you.

Yes, you can. The order of liveries will Depend on the Folder Name that’s contained under the Airplanes Folder.

So if you have two livery mods:
Asobo_A320_NEO-LIVERY1\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO-BAMBOO
Asobo_A320_NEO-LIVERY2\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO-AIRKORYO

The sim will order it from Livery 2 first before Livery 1 in the list. Because the foldername Asobo_A320_NEO-AIRKORYO comes before Asobo_A320_NEO-BAMBOO.

So by manipulating the Folder name under the AirPlanes folder. You can rearrange the livery sorting accordingly.

2 Likes

So,

This works as long as you also modify the file “layout.json”

It seems obvious, but ok. It’s good to clarify

That said,you helped me a lot.To thank you, I offer you a coffee, made by me.

café

Senseo coffee • Microsoft Flight Simulator

Merci et bon vol, Thank you and have a good flight. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ohh yeah, forgot to mention that.

You can use this MSFS Layout Generator Tool to refresh the layout.json. All you need is drag and drop the Layout.json file to this exe file. And it’ll rewrite the layout.json file automatically with your new folder path and any files that you have.

I use this to consolidate all my A320 liveries into a single mod, so my community folder is neater. It also helps to standardise my entire livery order and collection.

1 Like

How do you consolidate them into one mod?

Just move the folders around:

I consolidate my A320 liveries into this one folder:

Inside it, I have the usual contents:

Under SimObjects, I have the usual AirPlanes folder:

Inside Airplanes are all my A320 Liveries:

I also renamed all the folders here, so I can have a specific naming convention that will help on the sorting in the livery selection screen.

Basically, everytime I download a new livery mod from somewhere. I only extract the folder that is inside of the AirPlane folder. Not the entire mod and just place it here. Once that’s done, Rerun the Layout generation tool above. And it should rebuild the library of every files in that mod.

5 Likes

Perfect, I followed your instructions, it works very well. With MSFSLayoutGenerator I win, a lot of time

I will be able to organize my liveries by continent and alphabetically.

Thank you. :smiley:

Do you know, such a fast way to generate Thumbail, without going through developer mode ?

Hmm… I dunno how to do that without the developer mode.

I actually custom create the thumbnails manually myself using Paint 3D. Because the default thumbnail position has that weird angle that I still can’t differentiate between one airplane and the next. So I made my own custom one with the airline logo to make it easier for me to choose them.

I finally created the thumbail in developer mode . then fictitious liveries to put thumbnails according to the continents.Then alphabetical order.

For the fictitious thumbnails, I have used rusty planes.

I just have to put on the liveries of my choice.

thank you again and good flight ! :smiley:

translated from French to English with google

1 Like

There is a Thumbnail creator app that produces standard thumbnails 75% of the time.

Thanks, but yeah I don’t like the positioning of the aircraft in the standard thumbnail. Difficult to differentiate between one Livery and another at a glance and I’d have to look at the Livery name for it.

Unless the standard is showing a specific angle of the tail. Then I could consider it otherwise, that front nose thumbnail angle is difficult to choose from. I had that issue when I installed the Liveries Mega pack last year.

I’d rather custom create myself from scratch manually.

So, this was working well for me until the last update ( 1.15.7.0 )

All my folders in community in the root structure are working fine - and I’m not having the issues with missing scenery that some others are.

However all the nested liveries are not showing up ( in-game ) - ie having one folder for all the A320 liveries. I moved everything out of community, then back in and regenerated the layout.json. Didn’t seem to work.

It doesn’t seem like a big deal to re-download or recreate individual folders in the root structure, but I was wondering if anyone’s found a solution for this? as I like a neat folder structure :wink:

My livery structure is still working fine after the update. I am using the A32NX mod that is forked into a standalone aircraft, and my livery structure is working the same way as it was before.

I use a single mod folder, and place all my liveries inside it. Both default A320 and A32NX liveries under one mod folder, since I need them to “share” texture files among them. I even added some A32NX Coffee cup textures that I can assign it on the livery level so that the coffee cups follow whenever I switch to another airline livery.

I can update my Livery pack and message you directly with the link if you want. I’ll just need to finish this flight and then I’ll do it. Even if you won’t be using it, at least you can reverse engineer on what I’ve done in there to get it working.

Interesting… I was thinking about trying to create a nested folder from scratch for the CRJ and see if that would work.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a working template and I can A/B my files/structure and see if there’s an obvious mistake. Also, mid-flight and doing day job stuff, too, so no rush :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.