Our Co-pilots (Welcome Crew)

I’m Ken. Had FS10 just got FS 2020. Also bought the Thrustmaster Hotas One Flight Stick… Think Asobo, Black Shark AI, Microsoft did a great job on the sim. I have many questions as I’m still learning the ropes. I’m having trouble finding the landing airport and the correct runway, as you can see from this video. Also having trouble with flight stick buttons at times. Set B4 to retract flaps but it doesn’t seenm to work. Any help would be appreciated. A bit frustrated at this point. Thanks.

1 Like

I see the new Top Gun data. It looks like there is carrier landing included. I can’t seem to find it or do you have to pay for it in the market place. Appreciate if someone would answer.

Thanks.

If you don’t see the Top Gun tile on your main page, you will also find it in the Marketplace where it is a free download.

From there, if you still don’t see the tile on the home screen after downloading, click on “Activities” and scroll to the right, and you should see a tile for it.

OK, found it thanks. One successful carrier landing out of 20 attempts. Not as easy as it looks, for me anyways.

Hi Ken,

I don’t know about that flaps button since I don’t own a Hotas. I do know that the flaps go up and down in stages so maybe you have to press more than once to make them completely go up?

About finding the airport: you could just follow the icon that says how many NM the destination is. You could also enable the VFR map or follow the magenta line in the middle screen (inside the cockpit)

Ok thanks Sleevezipper. Have flaps set to conmtinuous. Sometimes they seem to work, sometimes not LOL. For finding airports, I need directional info.Looks like I should be using the VRF map inside the cockpit. But when I look too long inside the cockpit sometimes bad things happen. Ever watch the TV show Mayday? Lol.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

New to the forums. Do I need a special permissions to submit a topic?

Hi @CiabattaCat,
Welcome!

The forum has what is called Trust Levels. A new user is at Trust Level 0. To create a new topic, you will need to be at Trust Level 1.

See this guide about Trust Levels and how to advance:

1 Like

Thanks, I must have read that wrong. “Enter 5 topics” means ‘view’ as opposed to ‘create’?

Yes just view. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello Smokey, welcome to MSFS. I fly the a320 Airbus, haven’t had that issue. Will try and help you though! I’m retired, so am on most days. My gamer tag is Gloomylake935. I’m in Alaska.

My name is Rich

I’m on XBox s series.

Hello All, I am new to MSFS 2020, but not new to the series. I flew on the Apple II when Meigs field and a dogfight game was all there was. I am in the try before you buy mode with an Xbox Gamepass for PC. I have an I7 based computer with 16GB and a 128GB SSD for the OS and a 2GB hard drive for the Apps(including MSFS 2020), GPU is a 4GB Radeon RX 550. Cox Gigablast is the connection. If I purchase a digital key and install the PC only version, will that wipe out all my accomplishments in the XBox game pass mode? Is the PC only version more stable(I loose ability to control the aircraft frequently with the Game pass version)? Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome! :slight_smile:
Your achievements/accomplishments are tied to your Xbox gaming account. As far as I know your progress is synced to this account and will be available if you purchase the full version via the Windows Store. See here for more details : https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016433720-How-your-PC-gaming-account-relates-to-your-Microsoft-Store-account

The game pass version of the game is basically the same as the store version, so I doubt that it would solve your problem with losing the ability to control the aircraft, maybe that is a different issue? Maybe peripheral related?

Hope that answers your question!

Happy flying :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. My problem with loosing control of the aircraft was due to my tendency to break out the flight assistant, atc, etc windows on a second monitor. When I moved the mouse away from the main screen, I was no longer controlling the Aircraft. I do note that with the store version allows me to change the cruising altitude for flight plans and the gamepass version does not. I took the plunge and purchased the deluxe version.

1 Like

Hello HairyBuddha.
Welcome to MSFS! My name is Rich, I’m a Co-Pilot. My Aircraft are the a320 Airbus, Honda HJet, F-18 Hornet and X Cub.
Let me know I can assist you in anyway!

Rich

Thank you. I do have an issue with doing the bush adventures… On the first leg of the Megalopolis tour I did land in Boston and there is the flew mark on the leg list indicating completion, but the time to complete the flight is not correct in the logbook and it does not show that I landed. Instead, there are two entries with times that match when I took off and when I landed. One of the entries show KPSM as the departure and KPSM vicinity as the arrival. The other shows KBOS as the departure and KBOS vicinity as the arrival. The next leg appears to be accurate in my logbook.

This is worse than I thought. I often get a MSFS ended unexpectedly message when starting flight simulator. I chose safe mode this last time and the Megalopolis Bush adventure was not there, indicating that this is not part of the core MSFS(I purchased the deluxe edition based on my trial game pass testing. I restarted in standard mode and the Megalopolis adventure could be selected, but regardless of if I try to restart from leg one(successful landing at Logan) or continue with leg 2, I end up in the Atlantic Ocean just short of Nantucket Memorial and cannot continue. How do you restart a Bush Adventure?

I posted a bug, but found a work around that works part way. Start an entirely new bush adventure. Then go back to the one you started, but did not complete, You will be given the option to restart from the beginning or to continue. Either one will bring you to the beginning of the Bush Adventure.

Hi My problem is starting altitude in free flight, at sea level w no mtn. somehow instead of 1500 ft (departing and arriving), the flt starts at 13,500. Must be an option i"m missing. thx Mark