P-51 stats in do not match real world or in-game performance

This isn’t a bug, but an aircraft performance discrepancy. The P-51D stats are listed in game as:

Cruise Speed: 222 knots / 255 mph

Max Altitude: 15,000 ft

Endurance: 2 hours

Range: 298 NM

The P-51D in real life greatly exceeds the stats set. I know this is from Wikipedia, but I’m sure someone from Microsoft or Asobo could verify:

Cruise speed: 314 knots / 362 mph

Max altitude: 41, 900 ft

Range: 1,650 miles with ext tanks

I flew the P-51 “Wee Willy” yesterday and reached 20,000 ft easily. So the in-game performance isn’t even matching up with the in-game stats. These discrepancies affect flight planning in the game. If possible, it would be nice for the game to better mirror real life performance. (adding drop tanks to this and the F-18 would be a nice wishlist item as well)

Not a bug.
Note that these are Reno Racers. They are not modeled to the original versions.
They are no longer original in many, many ways and I believe all the aircraft have the same performance specs to keep the races based on piloting not performance. They are for fun in Reno, but can be flown outside of that.

Hi there,
As these are Reno racers, I don’t think you can go by the Wikipedia values.
I’m moving this into Aviation, Navigation, Communication.

If you are interested in drop tanks, there is a Wishlist topic for the F/A-18 here:

There isn’t one for the P-51 drop tanks, though. So if you’re interested, please feel free to create one in Wishlist. (Be sure to tag it aircraft and p-51-mustang for searchability! :+1:)

1 Like