PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

Maybe someone would reply if you’d state which GTN750 you’re using and probably this question best belongs to a thread of that respective addon since it doesn’t sound JF PA28R specific.

It’s the free GTN750 from pms50.com

I suggest to ask for help in the official Discord of pms50 for the GTN750.

I too noticed this yesterday and have flown arrow’s in real life.

The arrow 2 is spot on aside from being a little lighter in the air. This is with control sensitivity set at 50% for ailerons and I’m using a Leobodnar modded yoke.

In my opinion and based on real world experience the arrow 3 is “un-landable” using proper landing procedures. In the air she’s too twitchy compared to her older sister and sure, I can tank the throttle and “glide her in” but when it comes to flaring it’s impossible without ballooning (10mm of aileron input and I’m heading back into the pattern) Also, taking off always crabs out regardless of wind direction, which isn’t how the real version operates.

If it were possible I’d suggest JF copy the flight characteristics from the arrow 2 for the arrow 3.

My two cents :grinning:

Might want to make sure you are flying the latest updates - that’s pretty much what has been done, taken the best points from the learning curve of this game’s flight model and put them all together to give (hopefully) a more standardised feel / behaviours across the PA28s. From the sound of your post, you do not have that and there should certainly be no differences any more to make such a drastic and obvious alteration to your experience across the aircraft.

1 Like

Uhm, with Arrow II you mean the Warrior? Otherwise I don’t understand which aircraft you’re comparing.

Yes. I have them in MS Addons Linker as arrow 2 & 3 :grinning:.

Pretty sure I am running the latest versions. I updated at the end of February.

I’m pretty sure the real life Arrow II and the Warrior II are very nearly the same plane (although I could be wrong.) But I am sure that the one Just Flight released is the Warrior II.

1 Like

Just landed the Turbo Arrow III this morning in gusty wind conditions. Came in with two instead of three notches of flaps and - essentially - flew it onto the runway. Other than the ground handling typical of every aircraft in the sim, I would score it a 9/10 for a gusty x-wind landing in a PA28.

To me, the entire line of PA28s from JF are very close to the flight characteristics IRL. I give a pass for those things that the core sim is responsible for (i.e. poor ground handling.) Until those things are taken care of there’s not a lot to be done by the third-party devs currently writing code for MSFS.

4 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t understand what you were trying to say.

1 Like

Definitive, in some condition it’s difficult to keep stable altitude even at 21/22" manifold @2300rpm on flat terrain (26knot crosswind from my right - 4000 feet).

Maybe this is like IRL, i don’t know.

Just picked up this plane and the complete bundle and also the Carenado just for comparison and have to say it’s a beautiful looking plane.
I’m still learning to get the hang of it and having a few issues on landing with the plane being bumped around so much on final and to be honest in general even with wind turned off. I understand it feels more realistic which is good but is there something I’m doing wrong perhaps as it’s very difficult to line up on final and even worse than when you have a crosswind in any other plane? I’m using Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog stick and throttle and have altered sensitivity according to Just Flight site.
Thanks in advance for any helpful pointers.

Not sure what problem your having, but the Arrow is all I fly and it flys great, no problems lining up on final and some great landings as well.

It’s hard to describe but I’m just being buffeted around coming in on final and with wind turned off and it’s impossible to keep lined up with the runway and I’m fighting all the way in. I know I struggle with my Hotas warthog in general compared to Xbox controller but I can land other GA planes a lot easier without being buffeted around from side to side. I bought the plane from the Xbox marketplace and not sure if this makes any difference and the Carenado version I have which is easier to land than this Just flight version. I’ll keep practicing and trying my hardest to do everything by the book with regards to speed and when to use flaps but it’s still hard work.
Appreciate any advice by the way if you have flown it a lot :blush:

Sounds like you might need to reduce flaps, and come in a little faster.

Thanks very much and I’ll give this a try next time I’m on tomorrow evening. It’s just strange with not having any wind how much I’m being bounced around.

How did you turn off the wind?

I turned off live weather and deleted the wind layer

1 Like

Right, yes that would do it then. The default wind layer is IIRC about four kts.