PA-28R Arrow III from Just Flight

She gets a little slidey at low speeds. Try going a little faster on final.

Thanks chaps and I’ll give this a whirl later this evening :+1:

Still the same this evening and the only thing that helped was turning rudder assist on and that solved everything but still strange I have had to do this and never had to with other planes

What is your approach speed? Are you change the yoke curve?

I found in this aircraft the best curve on yoke was the lineal.

My approach speed has been anything ranging from 90 to 75 and I have set my sensitivity to linear and just how it says on the Just Flight site.
I started another thread about this turbulence in general discussion as it’s now happening in a Cessna and it seems that it’s normal and to do with thermals and hot air turbulence so this evening I will try during winter and early in the morning and see how it goes.

Also pipers in general like a little bit of throttle over the threshold with flaps out,

1 Like

Thanks for the tip :+1:

Deleting wind won’t affect the effect going on here. It has nothing to do with wind as what you are experiencing is updrafts from thermals over hot spots on the ground and updrafts under clouds (if there are any).

1 Like

i love this aircraft so much. it’s still a favourite in the sim for me. the only reason it’s not number one is the lack of system failures. is there any chance JF might implement them in an update?

3 Likes

I agree.

More systems failures would make the aircraft even better than it is and the update costs could potentially pay for themselves and more with future increased sales.

There certainly does seem to be a growing trend now for developers to incorporate maintenance options and failures in their products and I think it is a great step forward.

I think the only one who can answer this for you would be Martyn from JF :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Love this plane too.

It’s the only plane I bought that I’m still using constistently since release. All the other planes I buy I fly for a while and then I fly something new but the Arrow III is just so smooth in VR and it’s also the plane that works the best with the Honeycomb setup.

I still find the takeoff behavior a little bit weird but once in the air it’s just a dream to fly with a very realistic flight model.

2 Likes

You can download a freeware program called RandfailuresFS2020 that will give you a large range of failures, its fully customisable, I always use it when flying.

1 Like

I think your post may have just sold the Warrior to me!

I’m not usually one who buys add-ons that are in the same “family” of aircraft, but I’ve found the Arrow to be unbearably twitchy to be enjoyable any more.

Are the differences in flight characteristics really that stark betwen the 2 products? And I take it the ‘Turbo’ is just as twitchy as the Arrow III?

1 Like

I’ve seen others say the Arrow III is twitchy. One change which helped me was to set sensitivity of the controls to zero, which is what the developers used - and that definitely made things smoother. I use a hotas one, by the way, nothing sophisticated.

2 Likes

Im flying the PA28R Arrow 4. I love it in the air but upon landing its super sensitive at the slightest use of rudder controls. I find myself veering all over the rumway. Anyone have some suggestions on what I can do ?

2 Likes

If this is occurring during your takeoff roll, taking pressure off the front wheel will eliminate that head shaking it does. From memory, about 6-7 degrees of up trim will really help with that.

2 Likes

Just downloaded a couple of updates for the Arrows and for the Hawk, think there’s also one for the BA146 as well.

I still think the Justflight arrows were my best purchase so far for MSFS.

5 Likes

Will there ever be a fix for the GPS unit not working properly on first load and having to restart the flight first to get it working? It’s been like that for many months.

Warrior update too (no email about it)

1 Like

I had an email about the Hawk so went off to download that when I noticed the Arrows had been updated too.

1 Like